Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has the bull run started?
Every coin is up today. xrp with 15%, but all coins are in green. Also DashGreen Big Grin

Last year we saw a crazy run around this time with an all time high in late December. Will we see the same pattern now?

My thoughts is that the bull run will be more moderate and much longer than last year, but if I knew I would invest based on the knowledge. I'm just guessing like everyone else.
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

So hard to know what is best to do! Let's invent a timemachine!
A timemachine. Yes this is an old dream of man. It will never happen of course. It's only possible on quantum level.

(2018-12-19, 09:02 AM)Carsten Wrote: A timemachine. Yes this is an old dream of man. It will never happen of course. It's only possible on quantum level.

Well don't say it wont happen. It might.... In theory it's possible so...
If you wanna donate in any cryptocurrency just send me a message and i will set it up(If i haven't) Smile All donations are appreciated  
I think aliens will arrive before time travel is started, but if it was time travelling aliens then all bets are off.
No time travel is not really possible Junior. What is theoretical possible is to bend space and create a wormhole to a distant place. It just requires some quite huge amount of negative energy that is really hard to produce. Some consider that time travel but it's just a short cut in space. I haven't studied the physics behind wormholes so please tip in if someone know in detail.

There are many proven and not yet broken laws that had to be based on a new foundation if time travel on a macro level really was possible.

(2018-12-19, 06:40 PM)Carsten Wrote: No time travel is not really possible Junior. What is theoretical possible is to bend space and create a wormhole to a distant place. It just requires some quite huge amount of negative energy that is really hard to produce. Some consider that time travel but it's just a short cut in space. I haven't studied the physics behind wormholes so please tip in if someone know in detail.  

There are many proven and not yet broken laws that had to be based on a new foundation if time travel on a macro level really was possible.
Mathematicly it would be possible. Mathematicly you can move faster than light. Mathematicly everything is possible. mathematicly you can have negative temperatures. -5°C is not realy a negative temperature. The value (the number) is negative, but negative temperatures do not exist.
If you would be on on object moving at the speed of light and you move a fraction of a meter per second in the same direction, than you would think to be moving faster than light. 1+1 = 2 isn't it? Well in this high level of science it is not always true.
The speed of light + some other speed = the speed of light.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

Math is the language we use for our models of nature. The models is in this case Physics. It makes no sense in math to talk about moving faster than light since it's a property of the model physics create and there is NO model allowing faster than light movement.

Regarding temperature then Kelvin is the unit for measurement with zero as the absolute lowest temperature possible. Using a different unit like Celsius or Fahrenheit is fine and in that unit system negative temperature makes sense.

Your last statement is true. Another observation is that if an object with a resting mass larger than 0 g is to move with the speed of light it would require an infinity amount of energy to bring it to that speed. So it's not possible.

But the speed of light is not always the same I thought. Does it not change at black holes?

I like the silliness of that equation from Hugues - The speed of light + some other speed = the speed of light. Really it is saying something as daft as 4+1=4 (but that does not stop it being true.)
(2018-12-20, 05:35 PM)BobBobert Wrote: But the speed of light is not always the same I thought.  Does it not change at black holes?

I like the silliness of that equation from Hugues - The speed of light + some other speed = the speed of light. Really it is saying something as daft as 4+1=4 (but that does not stop it being true.)
Correct! The speed of light can slow down depending on the medium it is going through. But it can't be speed up.
If I talk about the speed of light it is the speed in a vacuum medium. I talk about "c".

(2018-12-20, 09:25 AM)Carsten Wrote: Math is the language we use for our models of nature. The models is in this case Physics. It makes no sense in math to talk about moving faster than light since it's a property of the model physics create and there is NO model allowing faster than light movement.

Regarding temperature then Kelvin is the unit for measurement with zero as the absolute lowest temperature possible. Using a different unit like Celsius or Fahrenheit is fine and in that unit system negative temperature makes sense.

Your last statement is true. Another observation is that if an object with a resting mass larger than 0 g is to move with the speed of light it would require an infinity amount of energy to bring it to that speed. So it's not possible.
Correct Carsten.

And about math, we are lucky we had Newton who invented some mathematical systems to help us understand physics and to do physics calculations.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?