Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3commas. Let the bot trade for you.
Cell mentioned "3commas"  in another post in here some days ago. I signed up and have tried auto trading with pocket money for ~ 40 hours now. You are free to trade with all the bots for 3 days. After that  you need a paid subscription. It's $90 a month for access to the advanced bots. If you are to make $90 by using the bots I think you need at least $1000 in crypto or more depending on the trading strategy and coins to trade of course. The composite bot gives you the possibility to trade many pairs at the same time. I like the overview given by 3commas. I'm not sure I like bots, but on the other hand it creates volume. One strategy is to take low profits like 1% since the bot will keep track of the market for you.

Bot trading is only working on Binance, but you can trade on more exchanges yourself using their Smarttrade functionality. 

I have not yet decided if I will sign up for a paid subscription or not. If you sign up please use my referral link  https://3commas.io/?c=tc82294.

Comments are welcome.
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

(2018-11-11, 04:26 PM)Carsten Wrote: Cell mentioned "3commas"  in another post in here some days ago. I signed up and have tried auto trading with pocket money for ~ 40 hours now. You are free to trade with all the bots for 3 days. After that  you need a paid subscription. It's $90 a month for access to the advanced bots. If you are to make $90 by using the bots I think you need at least $1000 in crypto or more depending on the trading strategy and coins to trade of course. The composite bot gives you the possibility to trade many pairs at the same time. I like the overview given by 3commas. I'm not sure I like bots, but on the other hand it creates volume. One strategy is to take low profits like 1% since the bot will keep track of the market for you.

Bot trading is only working on Binance, but you can trade on more exchanges yourself using their Smarttrade functionality. 

I have not yet decided if I will sign up for a paid subscription or not. If you sign up please use my referral link  https://3commas.io/?c=tc82294.

Comments are welcome.

I will never play with bots. To risky.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

I will try it out and get back on how they perform. Regarding risk. You decide yourself how much a single trade should be at maximum and you can set your stop loss criteria. You can buy long or short. If you go to almost any exchange and you put in a trade you will see a bot put in a trade slightly higher than yours and then maybe after 10 sec it goes away again just to pop up again 20 sec later....so bots are here. Holding is not always the answer unless you really believe in a coin. In this case I have restriction on the coins to trade and as I'm writing this the bot just made $7.

How is you wallet doing by the way? Maybe you can write a few lines in the tread about it?

(2018-11-11, 07:24 PM)Carsten Wrote: I will try it out and get back on how they perform. Regarding risk. You decide yourself how much a single trade should be at maximum and you can set your stop loss criteria. You can buy long or short. If you go to almost any exchange and you put in a trade you will see a bot put in a trade slightly higher than yours and then maybe after 10 sec it goes away again just to pop up again 20 sec later....so bots are here. Holding is not always the answer unless you really believe in a coin. In this case I have restriction on the coins to trade and as I'm writing this the bot just made $7.

How is you wallet doing by the way? Maybe you can write a few lines in the tread about it?
I did not have the time to set it up yet. I will let you know.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

Okay... Yes time is always an issue for me too.

90 a month seems like a lot, it forces you into trading to justify the expense.
(2018-11-13, 02:23 PM)BobBobert Wrote: 90 a month seems like a lot, it forces you into trading to justify the expense.

Trading is the whole idea with a bot. The bots are not that super smart so you need to do some work yourself. I don't have any conclusion yet if it's good or bad. Until now with the pocket money I have made ~ $ 10 pr. day. It is still some kind of gambling so I'm not sure I will continue.

(2018-11-13, 04:20 PM)Carsten Wrote:
(2018-11-13, 02:23 PM)BobBobert Wrote: 90 a month seems like a lot, it forces you into trading to justify the expense.

Trading is the whole idea with a bot. The bots are not that super smart so you need to do some work yourself. I don't have any conclusion yet if it's good or bad. Until now with the pocket money I have made ~ $ 10 pr. day. It is still some kind of gambling so I'm not sure I will continue.

Good point!  I much prefer and invest and forget attitude, where a year or two later I discover I am better off than I thought.  The idea of following all the coins everyday seems like too much effort though I guess if you are good and have money to spare/lose then it might be a fun hobby.
Sorry guys... was out and crazy busy... And I did not realized that it could be of any interest to you hodlers. Wink

So... First, I am NOT using any bot with 3commas.

For that matter, I also tried some other services like this one, and it is the best that I found that suit my needs which are (in brief):

- Need stop lost trailing (the SL follow the market, so when things go up, you will at least break even or make some profit).
- Need SL AND sell target for the same coin (of course). With 3commas, I can set multiple sell targets so, I can continue my day job while selling at 10, 15, 20, 25% and so on. Remember... I also get the SL trainling following, so I securise my profit fast.

Keep in mind that in most exchange sites, you can't put a SL and a sell order at the same time, which is what lead me to find 3commas.

Also, in most exchange, you can set sell target in %, but in 3commas, you can do it in real value, which is way more easier for me.

For the support service, I cannot complain because I did not have to use any for now. The basic service at 30$/month is just enough for my needs (EDITED: if you use the professor referal link, I think you both get a 2$ bonus for your subscription, which goes then to 27$ a month). I would not pay 100$ a month to let bots do the job for me... this is not for me at all.

I used to use https://www.coinigy.com/ also... but found out it was not as good.

In that bloody bath day (as of today, november 14th)... This site like any other is of no help though... all my SL passed... and I've lost 50% of all my gains of last week in hours... I am not good for setting SL, which is why I need SL trailing. For now, I am securing my gains in USDT... waiting for BTC to recover... Damned!
Well the entire market is crashing yet again. When the bot is set to "Long" (vs. Short) they are stupid and keep buying in a falling market. Yesterday I lost $153 by letting the bot trade. It's still to early to conclude but if the market is crashing you should stop your bot or have a short one.

Yes the SL feature is nice. I also like they simple interface and overview you have in 3commas.

Bob is right that keeping an eye more times pr. day of your investment is not for everyone.