Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could this be the next Paypal?
FYI

https://request.network/#/
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

(2018-10-18, 08:25 PM)Hugues Wrote: FYI

https://request.network/#/

It's that what Electroneum are offering https://electroneum.com/ ?
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

I think breaking paypals monopoly will be very hard going - there is not much bad news with paypal in the way there always was with ebay who once owned paypal. A tough market to get into successfully as there is not much reason jus now to stop using paypal. The worst thing I can say about them is that the fees may be high but I have no real comparison to justify that!
(2018-10-19, 04:36 PM)BobBobert Wrote: I think breaking paypals monopoly will be very hard going - there is not much bad news with paypal in the way there always was with ebay who once owned paypal.  A tough market to get into successfully as there is not much reason jus now to stop using paypal.  The worst thing I can say about them is that the fees may be high but I have no real comparison to justify that!

Yes. The fees are ridiculous high on PayPal. It's totally unfair.

People like paypal as it seems to be trustworthy. Plus it is huge and accepted in a lot of places online. I have not seen their accounts but I would think that paypal will have a lot of reserves and can easily take on any newcomer. Competition is good for us users but it will be so very hard to break the almost monopoly paypal has.
(2018-10-22, 01:02 PM)BobBobert Wrote: People like paypal as it seems to be trustworthy.  Plus it is huge and accepted in a lot of places online.  I have not seen their accounts but I would think that paypal will have a lot of reserves and can easily take on any newcomer.  Competition is good for us users but it will be so very hard to break the almost monopoly paypal has.

PayPal has become so expensive that there should be room for competition.

Carsten, Paypal is expensive in what way? For the sellers? Or the buyers? Anyway, nothing is perfect, but Paypal showed the way business (B2C) should be done. I remember when Mark Karlsson was so against Paypal... Now, it makes me think that it was just better than I thought at that time.
(2018-10-22, 06:57 PM)Cell Wrote: Carsten, Paypal is expensive in what way? For the sellers? Or the buyers? Anyway, nothing is perfect, but Paypal showed the way business (B2C) should be done. I remember when Mark Karlsson was so against Paypal... Now, it makes me think that it was just better than I thought at that time.

Yes for sellers. The fees differ but in Denmark it's 3.4% + a fixed fee (less than one USD) pr. transaction. Do I think it's too expensive? Yes I do. I therefore hope the competition will bring the fees down.

(I don't remember Mark was against PayPal. Wonder what new scam he is planning now that his NurveRhino is dead)