Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Era of AI
MIT Targets Goal of Becoming Global Artificial Intelligence Leader With Commitment of $1 Billion

https://dailyhodl.com/2018/10/16/mit-tar...1-billion/
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

AI will bring much to the table, but also a lot of pain. Many will lose their jobs. It's gonna be a massacre if political intervention is not done right.
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

At its best AI is brilliant. I was working on an AI project (in a very low capacity) that was looking at improving cancer treatments - it was also using Bayesian Belief Networks too. It was a Scottish / Dutch project.

But then I have also seen too many movies where AI goes wonky and the humans are the target! Was it AI in the Terminator series or was that just normal PCs?
For sure AI is useful. You can speak to Google and Microsoft. Customer support at Amazon is AI. Real AI is when machines can think. That is the exciting and very scary part.

Do AI machines regularly beat Chess grandmasters yet? I can remember machine like Big Blue I think taking them on but having mixed results.
(2018-10-18, 02:08 PM)BobBobert Wrote: Do AI machines regularly beat Chess grandmasters yet?  I can remember machine like Big Blue I think taking them on but having mixed results.

You don't need a super computer to beat a grandmaster anymore in chess. In Go it's different. You still need a super computer AI to beat the best GO players.

A long way to go before AI could beat you at tennis I guess!
(2018-10-19, 04:37 PM)BobBobert Wrote: A long way to go before AI could beat you at tennis I guess!

Not sure about that. I get older which is no advantage!!

You get more "experienced" is a nicer way to put it Smile
(2018-10-22, 01:00 PM)BobBobert Wrote: You get more "experienced" is a nicer way to put it Smile

Yes that's a nice way to put it!