Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lending Application
A Coinbase-backed platform called Compound is now officially online, giving users the ability to lend their coins in exchange for interest or collateral.
Users and applications can seamlessly earn interest or borrow ERC-20 tokens without managing an order book; Compound automatically optimizes interest rates based on the supply and demand unique to each asset.

https://compound.finance/
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

(2018-09-30, 10:30 AM)Hugues Wrote: A Coinbase-backed platform called Compound is now officially online, giving users the ability to lend their coins in exchange for interest or collateral.
Users and applications can seamlessly earn interest or borrow ERC-20 tokens without managing an order book; Compound automatically optimizes interest rates based on the supply and demand unique to each asset.

Thanks for sharing. By looking at the homepage it's not clear to me how it works.
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

(2018-09-30, 12:08 PM)Carsten Wrote:
(2018-09-30, 10:30 AM)Hugues Wrote: A Coinbase-backed platform called Compound is now officially online, giving users the ability to lend their coins in exchange for interest or collateral.

Thanks for sharing. By looking at the homepage it's not clear to me how it works.

Me neither. Let's just wait till there are some reviews.

(2018-09-30, 12:16 PM)Hugues Wrote:
(2018-09-30, 12:08 PM)Carsten Wrote:

Me neither. Let's just wait till there are some reviews.

Okay. Then I feel fine again.  Big Grin

Imagine for me... ?
(2018-10-01, 03:19 AM)Cell Wrote: Imagine for me... ?

I'm trying Big Grin

Is this not just going from keeping your coins on a possibly dodgy exchange to keeping them on a possibly dodgy exchange but it is now called a Compound Money Market?

On a totally separate note, I have an idea to create not an exchange but a Totally Safe Bank for you all to keep your coins in. If you transfer your coins to my Totally Safe Bank it will pay you interest of at least 50% after 12 months (but only if you can find me!)
(2018-10-03, 10:30 AM)BobBobert Wrote: Is this not just going from keeping your coins on a possibly dodgy exchange to keeping them on a possibly dodgy exchange but it is now called a Compound Money Market?

On a totally separate note, I have an idea to create not an exchange but a Totally Safe Bank for you all to keep your coins in.  If you transfer your coins to my Totally Safe Bank it will pay you interest of at least 50% after 12 months (but only if you can find me!)

Sounds very safe  Big Grin

(2018-10-03, 11:16 AM)Hugues Wrote:
(2018-10-03, 10:30 AM)BobBobert Wrote: Is this not just going from keeping your coins on a possibly dodgy exchange to keeping them on a possibly dodgy exchange but it is now called a Compound Money Market?

On a totally separate note, I have an idea to create not an exchange but a Totally Safe Bank for you all to keep your coins in.  If you transfer your coins to my Totally Safe Bank it will pay you interest of at least 50% after 12 months (but only if you can find me!)

Sounds very safe  Big Grin

Big Grin I know that guy!

"Unlike an exchange or peer-to-peer platform, where a user’s tokens are matched and lent to another
user, the Compound protocol aggregates the supply of each user; when a user supplies a token, it
becomes a fungible resource. This approach offers complete liquidity; users can withdraw their
tokens at any time, without waiting for a specific loan to mature.
Balances in a money market accrue interest based on the supply interest rate unique to that asset.
Users can view their balances (including accrued interest) in real-time; when the user makes a
transaction that updates his or her balance (supplying, transferring, or withdrawing a token),
accrued interest is converted into principal and paid to the user.
"

It doesn't seem that many are using it yet. I will wait a bit and see.

Whitepaper:
https://compound.finance/documents/Compo....pdf?vsn=d