Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HUAWEI MateBook X Pro top model
I have looked for a new computer for quite a while. If you want top performance a stationary is the prefered choice. A laptop has the advantage of being portable and the specs, the size, the battery lifetime and look of the Huawei MateBook X pro made me drive out and buy it today.

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/laptops/matebook-x-pro/ 

I will set it up now....
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

(2018-09-15, 02:41 PM)Carsten Wrote: I have looked for a new computer for quite a while. If you want top performance a stationary is the prefered choice. A laptop has the advantage of being portable and the specs, the size, the battery lifetime and look of the Huawei MateBook X pro made me drive out and buy it today.

I will set it up now....

I just had a look at the specifications. Looks great.
What is the price?
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

(2018-09-15, 03:14 PM)Hugues Wrote:
(2018-09-15, 02:41 PM)Carsten Wrote: I have looked for a new computer for quite a while. If you want top performance a stationary is the prefered choice. A laptop has the advantage of being portable and the specs, the size, the battery lifetime and look of the Huawei MateBook X pro made me drive out and buy it today.

I will set it up now....

What is the price?

I'm writing this from the new machine :Big Grin

The price is 15.000 Danish Kroner (DKK). It's about 2008 EURO.

(2018-09-15, 03:36 PM)Carsten Wrote:
(2018-09-15, 03:14 PM)Hugues Wrote:

I will set it up now....

What is the price?

I'm writing this from the new machine :Big Grin

The price is 15.000 Danish Kroner (DKK). It's about 2008 EURO.
rather expensive!
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

Not for those specs. 4 physical cores. It's fine compared to buying a Dell xps 13/15.

It is a lot of money for the machine compared to what it has to offer. But it's thin, touch screen and good to take with you anywhere because it's so small. But it's not a gaming or 3D rendering machine.
If you wanna donate in any cryptocurrency just send me a message and i will set it up(If i haven't) Smile All donations is appreciated  
(2018-09-17, 02:41 PM)Junior Wrote: It is a lot of money for the machine compared to what it has to offer. But it's thin, touch screen and good to take with you anywhere because it's so small. But it's not a gaming or 3D rendering machine.

I don't need a gaming computer, but it can still run many games quite nicely.

Compared to the new Apple iphone it's cheap. LOL Apple have gone crazy for many years with their prices. 1608 Euro for their topmodel phone. I honestly hope that people stop buying since the price of Samsung phones is also lifted by what Apple is doing.

That is a lot of money for a laptop! I hope it does all you need, but at that price I would expect it to bring me a whisky as soon as I get home from work. Last laptop we got was around £350, which is roughly $400. And we thought it was expensive Smile
(2018-09-18, 01:01 PM)BobBobert Wrote: That is a lot of money for a laptop!  I hope it does all you need, but at that price I would expect it to bring me a whisky as soon as I get home from work.  Last laptop we got was around £350, which is roughly $400.  And we thought it was expensive Smile

Since I do development and need it to be portable this is actually a cheap laptop compared to my last one! It was around 3000 Euro.

I stopped drinking alcohol a month ago. Didn't have a drop for almost a month now. Nothing until my moms birthday here in late September.

3000 Euro!!! It better be a good portable...