Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elastos. A business model for the users.
I  believe this one can make it.
I like the concept.
https://www.elastos.org/en/about/
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

I need to read more. China based which is not a good sign for me.
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

(2018-08-23, 06:22 PM)Carsten Wrote: I need to read more.  China based which is not a good sign for me.

You are so afraid of made in China or Russia!
Chinese are not bad people. They are clever.

Yes. Most scams are from Russia and China. Once bought some mining power in China. It was scam. Wish.com i'ts close to be scam as well. Cheap plastic shit that you regret you bought.

(2018-08-23, 09:33 PM)Carsten Wrote: Yes. Most scams are from Russia and China.  Once bought some mining power in China.  It was scam. Wish.com i'ts close to be scam as well.  Cheap plastic shit that you regret you bought.

Of course most scam come from these 2 countries. It is pure math and statistics. They are the biggest countries in the world.
It does not mean all of it is bad.

Yes not all China stuff is scam. The whitepaper starts with this claim:

"Elastos aims to create a new kind of Internet, powered by blockchain technology. On this
new Internet, people will be able to own digital assets and generate wealth from them.
Today, there is a seemingly infinite supply of digital books, movies, music and games. But
people do not necessarily own their digital property. You can purchase a digital book, for
example, but you can’t sell it to anyone else. So, do you really own it? Elastos wants to
make digital assets scarce, identifiable and tradable. Property rights pave the way for wealth
creation, and Elastos intends to build a new World Wide Web that respects those rights.
The goal is to create an Internet that allows users to access articles, movies and games
directly, without going through a media player or another platform intermediary. Elastos will
use blockchain technology to issue IDs for digital content, making it possible to know who
owns which digital assets. On the Elastos Internet, filmmakers will know how many times
their movies were viewed. The combination of Elastos and blockchain technology lays the
foundation for a trustworthy and secure Internet of Wealth. "

So it's a wild ambition. I don't see Amazon is going to change the current way they do business. Amazon is fear all over the world because they don't collaborate with others but do things their own way. Ask yourself what Amazon would gain from Elastos?

5 points for them trying, but this one has no chance in the real world.

I like the idea but I'm not sure why and how a blockchain should play music, read books etc without an app.

(2018-08-24, 11:17 AM)Carsten Wrote: Yes not all China stuff is scam. The whitepaper starts with this claim:

"Elastos aims to create a new kind of Internet, powered by blockchain technology. On this
new Internet, people will be able to own digital assets and generate wealth from them.
Today, there is a seemingly infinite supply of digital books, movies, music and games. But
people do not necessarily own their digital property. You can purchase a digital book, for
example, but you can’t sell it to anyone else. So, do you really own it? Elastos wants to
make digital assets scarce, identifiable and tradable. Property rights pave the way for wealth
creation, and Elastos intends to build a new World Wide Web that respects those rights.
The goal is to create an Internet that allows users to access articles, movies and games
directly, without going through a media player or another platform intermediary. Elastos will
use blockchain technology to issue IDs for digital content, making it possible to know who
owns which digital assets. On the Elastos Internet, filmmakers will know how many times
their movies were viewed. The combination of Elastos and blockchain technology lays the
foundation for a trustworthy and secure Internet of Wealth. "

So it's a wild ambition. I don't see Amazon is going to change the current way they do business. Amazon is fear all over the world because they don't collaborate with others but do things their own way. Ask yourself what Amazon would gain from Elastos?

5 points for them trying, but this one has no chance in the real world.

I like the idea but I'm not sure why and how a blockchain should play music, read books etc without an app.
This is why it is disruptive. Amazon will not be able to stop it if it happens.
Online shopping was the same. Big supermarkets like sears, walmart and many other big players have done all they could to stop e-commerce and online shopping. They were unable to stop this trand.
When you first heard about bitcoin you would certainly have said it would never gain adoption. Well look today.

Let's talk about Elastos (or similar projects) over a few years.
I think this kind of projects could make it.

I tend to agree with you Hugues. It's just a huge project to disrupt the current big players.

Anyway their claims about I'm not able to sell an e-book is not entirely true. Regarding movies and music. If it can be played it can be copied. I don't see they have a true solution for really owning the items, but maybe they have.

Let's read more about the project and see if it is solid and if it really can solve some of the current problems.

(I'm happy with my Kindle and that I can shop directly on Amazon or in a Danish store and put on ebooks in Danish on the device. The last ones are not copy protected. Amazon books are but with Calibre it's easy to remove the protection if needed. I read it on the net, but never tried it myself of course)

(2018-08-24, 05:57 PM)Carsten Wrote: I tend to agree with you Hugues. It's just a huge project to disrupt the current big players.

Anyway their claims about I'm not able to sell an e-book is not entirely true. Regarding movies and music. If it can be played it can be copied. I don't see they have a true solution for really owning the items, but maybe they have.

Let's read more about the project and see if it is solid and if it really can solve some of the current problems.

(I'm happy with my Kindle and that I can shop directly on Amazon or in a Danish store and put on ebooks in Danish on the device. The last ones are not copy protected. Amazon books are but with Calibre it's easy to remove the protection if needed. I read it on the net, but never tried it myself of course)
The fact that it can bie copied is not fair for the authors. That's what should be solved first. You would not be happy if I copied your Easy CCT app and would sell it. It should be protected to prove you are the only maker(owner). Let's try to live in a world of fairnes.

I agree.