Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AidCoin. 43 % of people don’t trust charities!
AidCoin is here. Seems very cheap right now and I like the idea.

43 % of people don’t trust charities. Using distributed ledgers to track transactions, cryptocurrencies to transfer funds and smart contracts to ensure donations are spent correctly, we are determined to make the nonprofit sector more transparens.

https://www.aidcoin.co/?lang=en
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

(2018-06-24, 04:14 PM)Carsten Wrote: AidCoin is here. Seems very cheap right now and I like the idea.

43 % of people don’t trust charities. Using distributed ledgers to track transactions, cryptocurrencies to transfer funds and smart contracts to ensure donations are spent correctly, we are determined to make the nonprofit sector more transparens.

https://www.aidcoin.co/?lang=en
A few years ago I wanted to setup a website for charity with rimbit. I started but then all the scam arround RBT was clear and I stopped.
So I like the idea behind aidcoin.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

I like the idea too. Actually so much I bought a few today.

Hmmm, in principle I like this but I am not sure how it is better than anything currently on the go. I can send my money to the charity and they can do as they wish just now. So I have my favourite charities that I do trust but I have no input into whether or not they spend it on projects, admin in the UK or prostitutes in Africa.

Using this coin, I cannot see how it is more transparent. The charity still needs to run a base in the UK (or wherever) to organise the aid workers. The end users in the charity can still go out and supply rice/water and still hire prostitutes if they so wish. I cannot see what stops them in this example.
You can make sure the funds are released to the right people/organizations using smart contracts. You can even track your donations. That's the difference between fiat donating and this.

Yes, but once I have donated to those guys in Africa running that excellent well project (for example) I have no way of knowing if they then take 5% for "entertainment" or if that was used up in the new spades they needed. There is still a degree of trust needed.
(2018-06-26, 11:02 AM)BobBobert Wrote: Yes, but once I have donated to those guys in Africa running that excellent well project (for example) I have no way of knowing if they then take 5% for "entertainment" or if that was used up in the new spades they needed.  There is still a degree of trust needed.

I don't know for sure if it can be traced down to that detailed level. Maybe you are right Bob. I need to read more about to understand the details, but is in lack of time. Football has priority these days.

(2018-06-26, 11:20 AM)Carsten Wrote:
(2018-06-26, 11:02 AM)BobBobert Wrote: Yes, but once I have donated to those guys in Africa running that excellent well project (for example) I have no way of knowing if they then take 5% for "entertainment" or if that was used up in the new spades they needed.  There is still a degree of trust needed.

I don't know for sure if it can be traced down to that detailed level. Maybe you are right Bob. I need to read more about to understand the details, but is in lack of time. Football has priority these days.

Become Scottish then football is never an issue Sad
(2018-06-27, 11:23 AM)BobBobert Wrote:
(2018-06-26, 11:20 AM)Carsten Wrote:

Become Scottish then football is never an issue Sad

You have Murray! He is back. It's impossible to predict how he will perform at Wimbledon.

Depending on his draw he could win a couple of matches, I would doubt he has the fitness to get to the second week unless the draw is very kind to him.