Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golem #gnt node at your homecomputer
The Golem project hasn't got the focus it deserves I think. The Golem project allows your computer to be part of complicated calculations and for that you are reworded Golem tokens. Golem is a smartcontract on the Ethereum blockchain. Read more about it here: https://golem.network/

If you want to share your computer power you can download the Golem program here https://golem.network/rendering/download/

You decide how much CPU, RAM and disk space Golem is allowed to use. 

The only "tricky" part is that you probably need to do port forwarding on your router. There are 3 ports to portforward to your computer. After that it just runs smoothly.
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

Port forwarding sounds a bit complex to me, hmmm. Is this the sort of thing you could leave on all night?
(2018-06-12, 11:10 AM)BobBobert Wrote: Port forwarding sounds a bit complex to me, hmmm.  Is this the sort of thing you could leave on all night?

It's not too hard with port forwarding Bob. Yes you can leave it running 24/7

(2018-06-12, 11:10 AM)BobBobert Wrote: Port forwarding sounds a bit complex to me, hmmm.  Is this the sort of thing you could leave on all night?

What router do you have? Normally Carsten or I could help you set your router.
It is realy simple to do. (with most routers)

I never invested in Golem, but I know it quite some time.
This is GOLEM

In the Jewish folklore, the Golem originated from lifeless matter to become a versatile being with infinite power and potential. This is the ideal metaphor for what the Golem cryptocurrency is trying to achieve with its services. Golem wants to offer the world raw computing power, so they can create infinite solutions to many urgent questions and problems that are urgently needed.

Golem is an innovative technology that tries to decentralize computer power. Golem has the potential to function as an accessible, decentralized, global supercomputer.

The main goal of Golem is to make computer power accessible to the sharing economy. In a sharing economy, goods and services are lent to each other between private individuals. The starting point here is that you only pay for what you use. It can be compared with the Airbnb principle, where you rent your room directly to someone else if you do not use it yourself.

In the case of Golem, you rent (unused) computing power from your computer to the Golem network. The reward you receive for this is expressed in Golem tokens. This remuneration is determined on the basis of a lottery between various landlords, whereby one of them receives the full remuneration. Golem was founded in 2016 and runs on the Ethereum blockchain.

I see Golem as a potential game changer in the field of implementation and speed of computer tasks. Chances are that this player will cause disruption on the market. Golem currently has a few competitors, such as the Render Token (RNDR) and the crypto SONM. If Golem should fulfill its goals from the whitepaper, it could eventually become a top 10 player in the market.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

I suggest you PM Hugues or I with your router name Bob. Don't make it public here. You never know who reads these public posts.

Since this post I earned 3.7 GNT. My computer often runs anyway and the setting does not affect normal activity.

That is covering the price of power with at least a factor of 4 to 5, but it's not going to make me rich!

When the Golem status window is saying "computing" instead of idle you earn the most. While writing this it is now computing again.

Try it out of yourself.