Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New windows update
Just now i have got the new windows update (i think it's made because of the GDPR) and when my pc started after restart i had to sit and read a lot of choices about how windows may track info and stuff about my pc. And i mean it's not that i can now select the stuff im okay (or close to okay) with. But the fact that they have just gathered all that information from the start without us knowing (if we read the license agreement we would know i think). But holy cow. What a world we live in! We are being watched and used to make money....
I think that it's sad that all those big company's are allowed to spy so much on us. I have allways not liked it, but i didn't know windows did it this much. I know some dont care, but i do, i dont like being used as a product and sold to ad company's. Im glad GDPR is coming now, one step in the right direction as i see it.
If you wanna donate in any cryptocurrency just send me a message and i will set it up(If i haven't) Smile All donations is appreciated  
(2018-05-14, 07:51 PM)Junior Wrote: Just now i have got the new windows update (i think it's made because of the GDPR) and when my pc started after restart i had to sit and read a lot of choices about how windows may track info and stuff about my pc. And i mean it's not that i can now select the stuff im okay (or close to okay) with. But the fact that they have just gathered all that information from the start without us knowing (if we read the license agreement we would know i think). But holy cow. What a world we live in! We are being watched and used to make money....
I think that it's sad that all those big company's are allowed to spy so much on us. I have allways not liked it, but i didn't know windows did it this much. I know some dont care, but i do, i dont like being used as a product and sold to ad company's. Im glad GDPR is coming now, one step in the right direction as i see it.

Long life decentralization!
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

I think my home computer is downloading that update right now.

We can't blame Microsoft for this. It's our own politicians that has requested GDPR. The way the big corps are informing us is sadly with long documents that no normal person have the time to read. Still GDPR is a step in the right direction for you to decide what happens to your own data.

If you want full control of your computer then install a version of Linux.

To me Windows is a love hate relationship. No Linux comes with so many programs and that ease of use. BUT when things are not working correctly you can have a very hard time figuring out what is the problem and maybe it can't be fixed. On Linux you can almost always get it to work without reinstalling.

For most people I would still recommend Windows.
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

I was a huge Linux fan for ages, and my eldest two are ok using it but it is the lack of compatibility with the games they like that drove me to reinstall windows on their machines. Almost every month a windows update affects the security settings of the machines at work and causes us issues. We have lost one PC when an update failed and the rollback failed and the hard drive was written off.
That is how it is with windows. Overall I think in my workplace it goes very well pushing updates.
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

As with all things PC - when they work all is well, but when they don't go as planned then yikes!