Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cex.io exchange (fiat)
I did a KYC on cex.io today after asking them about fees for bank transfer and credit card. I did it to see how responsive customer support were and I was very impressed. It took less than 30 min on my first question then 10 min on my next. I then did the KYC that told me it could take 24 hours. It took 20 min. First photo was rejected. I took a new one of my identity papers and after 5 min it was approved.

I haven't deposited any funds in there yet. It's based in UK and has been around for many years. Like Bitstamp only a few currency can be traded, but you can deposit using fiat and get fiat out again. Just like Bitstamp.  The problem with Bitstamp is their new KYC and the many negative reports from users around the world. I need an alternative now. I'm also having serious problems with Bitstamp.

If anyone is using cex.io let us know your experience.
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

I've used Cex.io, but only to convert XLM to ETH.

The only problem I had was, I had to first convert the XLM to BTC, EUR OR USD before converting to ETH.

Besides that, the site is very good. Most things happen very fast. I've never had delays on this site.

I highly recommend CEX.io.
(2018-05-01, 09:57 AM)Jacob Wrote: I've used Cex.io, but only to convert XLM to ETH.

The only problem I had was, I had to first convert the XLM  to BTC, EUR OR USD before converting to ETH.

Besides that, the site is very good. Most things happen very fast. I've never had delays on this site.

Thanks Jacob

I asked customer support about bank transfer times.

"Please be informed that USD withdrawals via Bank Transfer are currently unavailable (works for EUR deposit/withdrawals, USD for deposits only).

As for the timelines, Bank transfer deposits take up to 14 banking days, while withdrawals take up to 20."

It's quite a long time. Did you try bank transfer with them?

Credit card deposit are instant but at a fee of 3.5%. Withdrawal to credit card is talking up to 3 days (plus a fee)

"Please consider transfer your funds with a credit card for the fast transactions. Deposits are instant, while withdrawals take up to 3 banking days."

(2018-05-01, 10:03 AM)Carsten Wrote:
(2018-05-01, 09:57 AM)Jacob Wrote: I've used Cex.io, but only to convert XLM to ETH.

The only problem I had was, I had to first convert the XLM  to BTC, EUR OR USD before converting to ETH.

Thanks Jacob

I asked customer support about bank transfer times.

"Please be informed that USD withdrawals via Bank Transfer are currently unavailable (works for EUR deposit/withdrawals, USD for deposits only).

As for the timelines, Bank transfer deposits take up to 14 banking days, while withdrawals take up to 20."

It's quite a long time. Did you try bank transfer with them?

Credit card deposit are instant but at a fee of 3.5%. Withdrawal to credit card is talking up to 3 days (plus a fee)

"Please consider transfer your funds with a credit card for the fast transactions. Deposits are instant, while withdrawals take up to 3 banking days."
As I told earlier: we are in need of good DEXes.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

We do Hugues, but where are they?

(2018-05-01, 11:39 AM)Carsten Wrote: We do Hugues, but where are they?

That's my job here in this forum. I will keep an eye on this, and you will be informed when I see or feel something interesting.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

(2018-05-01, 12:09 PM)Hugues Wrote:
(2018-05-01, 11:39 AM)Carsten Wrote: We do Hugues, but where are they?

That's my job here in this forum. I will keep an eye on this, and you will be informed when I see or feel something interesting.

Yes it is needed for sure.

Thumb's up! Wink