Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decentralized Exchanges
https://streamity.org/en/
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

Have you investigated this project Hugues?
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

(2018-03-13, 10:08 PM)Carsten Wrote: Have you investigated this project Hugues?

Not yet. Just discovered it.

(2018-03-13, 11:21 PM)Hugues Wrote:
(2018-03-13, 10:08 PM)Carsten Wrote: Have you investigated this project Hugues?

Not yet. Just discovered it.

Okay. I'm under time pressure this week so I have to wait until someone post more about it. 

It's a lot of Russian guys and with the current situation between UK and Russia...who knows?
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

I am not sure to understand the concept.. is it an exchange where we deal crypto « one on one »? So, it is not an exchange... but an anonymous « localbitcoin » kinda service? Please explain. Smile
[Image: streamity.jpg]
I have done some research on Streamity and here are my conclusions.

I believe they realy bring a solution to an existing problem. 95% of the existing exchanges are centralised and ran by organizations that have 1 objective in mind: making money. Nothing wrong with making money, but that’s one of the reasons why exchange fees are to high. Another reason why fee are to high is because of the volatility of cryptos. They are obliged to ask high fees because they have to take into account the risks.
Another problem with centralised exchanges is that often it creates issues when regulatory bodies intervene. For example coinbase;
Coinbase was unable to fulfill the regulatory obligations required of them by these states to operate, and thus suspended the accounts of all users from these locations until a workaround can be developed. All of these users now have the crypto assets stored on the Coinbase wallet system frozen with no recourse.
The decentralized nature of the Streamity project avoids this issue by allowing users to connect to and trade with each other directly, without the risks involved with traditional centralized exchanges.
The Streamity platform is highly focused on regulatory compliance, and follows Know Your Customer principles. Smart contracts are also a focus of the Streamity development team, as is anonymity. Interestingly, Streamity has taken an approach that minimizes commissions, with commission fees ranging from 0% to 2%.
In addition to providing users with a completely decentralized method of trading and transferring currency, Streamity also offers a comprehensive cryptocurrency database. Streamity.org will provide market analysis, educational materials, and investment tips as well as a range of unique training courses led by industry experts.
If you ask me they seem to do an earnest attempt at establishing a fully decentralized exchange, and they are backed up by a team with significant experience in forward-leaning tech startups.
I have contacted support with some questions and they replied quite fast and accurate.
Is it worth investing?
I don’t know. I am not going to, because I believe the tokens are not speculative. The tokens will be used for all the extra services provide by the project. You are not obliged to own tokens if you want to use it as means of exchange. For example, if you own a certain amount of tokens you can exchange with 0% fees. I am willing to use this exchange system once they enroll, but investing in it; no.

Features:

A unique service "StreamDesk".

We develop a unique service for the profitable purchase/sale of cryptocurrency under the credible security of smart contracts and payment systems all over the world.

Buy and sell cryptocurrency without commissions.

Early investors are privileged to use such functions of StreamDesk service as purchase/sale of cryptocurrency without commissions.

Legitimacy.

Streamity PTE. LTD. is registered in Singapore. Investors can officially purchase tokens regardless of their location. Our company supports partnership with the largest payment systems.

STM token is in the center of Streamity ecosystem.

STM tokens are used for the purchase of services within Streamity ecosystem. As more services are launched within Streamity platform, the more tokens are in demand.

Minimal risks.

There are minimal chances to manipulate STM token rate as they are protected with STM token and fiat money reserve funds.

Active team.

Active and well-coordinated team of highly professional developers is ready to bring ideas to life.

Advantages of "StreamDesk" platform

Easy and comfortable service.

Never has cryptocurrency to fiat money exchange been that easy and secure before. It is suitable for the beginners and experts.

Large scale service with no limits.

Global coverage and worldwide presence.

Save money on cryptocurrency purchase.

Cryptocurrency to fiat currency exchange is much more profitable compared to other exchange markets and services due to fixed rates, low commissions and the absence of hidden fees.

Cryptocurrency fixed rates.

You can buy and sell cryptocurrency at a fixed price. Cryptocurrency rates are fixed to the major licensed cryptocurrency exchange markets.

Cryptocurrency purchaser security.

Seller's cryptocurrency is blocked within a smart contract. As the fiat money is transferred to the seller's account, a signal from the payment system opens the smart contract. Purchaser receives cryptocurrency.

Cryptocurrency seller security.

If a purchaser does not transfer fiat money to the seller's account within a time limit, smart contract is opened and cryptocurrency is sent back to the seller's account.

Reliable technical support 24/7.

Round-the-clock technical support for our customers.

Still, I cannot understant how a P2P system can lead to an exchange... There has to be a common way of "trading" which include buy and sell orders to establish the value of a token. But, as you all know, I am not the techie guy, so I guess there is a way to mix centralized infos with decentralized trading...
(2018-03-20, 05:15 PM)Cell Wrote: Still, I cannot understant how a P2P system can lead to an exchange... There has to be a common way of "trading" which include buy and sell orders to establish the value of a token. But, as you all know, I am not the techie guy, so I guess there is a way to mix centralized infos with decentralized trading...

The system retrieves the coin values from the major exchanges via API.
When you trade via a cenyralized exchange like Poloniex (for example), you order is put in some kind of jar.
Suppose you want to buy coin X for $1. The exchange is going to take your order. Your money has to be deposited onto the exchange. From that moment your order can be processed. he coin you purchased will be in some kind of vault from where you can redeem it into your wallet.

In this decentralized exchange it is a bit different. Your order will be processed directly from someones personal wallet. Meaning his wallet is sending your order directly to your wallet (peer to peer) as if he would have your wallet adress and send it directly to you.

Thanks for the explanation... So, this become a system where we sell and buy using P2P... based on values from some other centralized exchanges... Why not just build a site showing the current average values, and the wallet addresses of some buyers willing to pay that price as well as some sellers willing to sell at that price. Exactly how I deal on localbitcoin, except that the price is determined by the seller on the latter. Well, I still don't think it is viable, even if I think that it would be really great to buy and sell with no fee at average value! Wink
(2018-03-20, 08:16 PM)Cell Wrote: Thanks for the explanation... So, this become a system where we sell and buy using P2P... based on values from some other centralized exchanges... Why not just build a site showing the current average values, and the wallet addresses of some buyers willing to pay that price as well as some sellers willing to sell at that price. Exactly how I deal on localbitcoin, except that the price is determined by the seller on the latter. Well, I still don't think it is viable, even if I think that it would be really great to buy and sell with no fee at average value! Wink

Everything should have its official price. It is for goods, services, commodities, and currencies.
If someone wants to sell below the real value, it is his problem but it is mostly not smart.
Multinationals, and big supermarkets haggle about prices with their suppliers. This leads very often in selling under production cost.
This sickens the market. Mostly farmers in under developped countries are victim of such practices. It also leads to underpayed employees in factories in Asia and Africa.
It all leads to unfair trading. Never heard about "Fair Trade"?

It is not only the fault of big companies that these practices exist. It is partially our fault too. We (the consumers) want to pay as low as possible if we buy. But if we want to sell, we all want to sell as high as possible. We want to have a very high salary too. Asking a salary is also a form of selling. You sell your labour.
There is a lack of logic in all this.

My opinion is that if we want to get paid well, we should accept to pay fair prices for what is made, produced by the labour of others that also want to have a good salary.
This is why I believe in official prices.

Local bitcoins does not handle official prices and that's the reason why it is not a big success.