Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blockchain will change the world...nothing new in that
" Intermediaries like lawyers, brokers, and bankers might no longer be necessary. Individuals, organizations, machines, and algorithms would freely transact and interact with one another with little friction. This is the immense potential of blockchain."

"One of the most ambitious substitute blockchain applications is Stellar, a nonprofit that aims to bring affordable financial services, including banking, micropayments, and remittances, to people who’ve never had access to them. Stellar offers its own virtual currency, lumens, and also allows users to retain on its system a range of assets, including other currencies, telephone minutes, and data credits. Stellar initially focused on Africa, particularly Nigeria, the largest economy there."

"No matter what the context, there’s a strong possibility that blockchain will affect your business. The very big question is when."

This is the source: https://hbr.org/2017/01/the-truth-about-blockchain
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

That looks like an excellent article and I shall re-read it later.

I do think that there will always be a place for lawyers (and other professionals), even with blockchain. People like me need to know that the contract (etc) is fair and legal and not too onerous on myself. A lawyer with their experience will know that.
Yes it's a great article.

For simple signing of documents the lawyers is not needed with the blockchain....but to make the documents we still need them around.

Until you know...AI takes over  Big Grin Big Grin Dodgy Dodgy Huh Huh

Yes. believe it or not, but blockchain is going to be a gamechanger.
Not only in cryptoworld.

Have you seen how large the supply of lumens is?
100 billion coins. This is immense.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

The blockchain is a major paradigm shift like the www.

Regarding Stellar Lumens...no, but I just looked it up. Seems like a crazy high amount. Could turn out to be practical if it's going to be a success. Bitcoin is really having the problem now with 1 BTC ~ $1200 you have to use fractions that our minds can not understand and compare easily.

(2017-03-02, 08:43 AM)Carsten Wrote: The blockchain is a major paradigm shift like the www.

Regarding Stellar Lumens...no, but I just looked it up. Seems like a crazy high amount. Could turn out to be practical if it's going to be a success. Bitcoin is really having the problem now with 1 BTC ~ $1200 you have to use fractions that our minds can not understand and compare easily.

Ahhhh, are you moving towards my position of the burn being at the wrong time!  We needed more Rimbit out there, with people who would willingly trade them.

I think getting coins into the hands of those who will actively use them (either for trading or for buying/selling) is a major problem for all coins.  I was really waiting for Rimbit to hit the heights before I did serious trading, though I was spending a few hundreds on the exchanges buying up cheap ones.  I was also planning how to get my company to accept Rimbit istead of GBP (not that it would have attracted many people but it would have been a start).  But all that is small scale, coins need to be with people who are happy to see coins come in and out of their wallets. 

I would prefer a lot of coins worth a little - a million worth 1 is better than 1 worth a million.  I know we can split into fractions but how many Rimbit to a BTC, is there 4 5 or 6 seroz after the point?
The point is you paid too much for the Rimbit if all should be available. We should only have paid a fraction of what we did...anyway it's no longer important since Rimbit is soon gone from every exchange and just some worthless bit's in our wallets.

(2017-03-02, 11:35 AM)Carsten Wrote: The point is you paid too much for the Rimbit if all should be available. We should only have paid a fraction of what we did...anyway it's no longer important since Rimbit is soon gone from every exchange and just some worthless bit's in our wallets.

I know, I was just teasing you a bit there!

With hindsight, I would still have bought some Rimbit but I think my actions in the forum would have been quite different.
"The BURN" will change everything.... "The BURN" sounds like a horror movie...

"The BURN" a Mark Karlsson production where the evil CyberHater (played by Marcello) chases after hero Carsten (played by Matt Damon) for daring to question the rules of Rimbitland. The punishment awaiting Carsten is to be BURNED at the stake for heresy. The enigmatic Byre Straits (played by Leonardo DiCaprio) and Cell (Morgan Freeman) come to his rescue, but is it in time?