Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy new year all!
Hi! I've been trying to post this for some time... The forum is a mess here (in China right now). I am using a VPN to access it... so that maybe the problem. Anyway, I wanted to send you all a message for the new year. I hope everything is fine with you and your family. I wish you good health... and may 2020 be the year where we all become crazy rich with crypto! Big Grin
Hi Cell

Thanks for your message. Probably not optimal to view the forum in China on a cellphone using VPN :-)

Happy new year to you and your family as well. Let's all hope for good health and a crazy good crypto new year!
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

Best wishes to all! Sorry I have not been around but that was the busiest time of the year at work and even though I was "on holiday" between Christmas and New Year, I was in working most days.
(2020-01-07, 05:46 PM)BobBobert Wrote: Best wishes to all!  Sorry I have not been around but that was the busiest time of the year at work and even though I was "on holiday" between Christmas and New Year, I was in working most days.

I hope you had a nice break and didn't work too much!

My job is usually very varied and I meet people in all of life's situations in general. I was only in work to deal with accounts for VAT returns and Year End stuff, so technically not open unless emergencies.

However between Christmas and New Year I dealt with 5 customers in total and 4 of them were to do with funerals and one of those four was about the death of a child. Probably the worst break I have had (though it was clearly a lot worse for those 4 families who suffered a death).

Work is back to normal this week with a wide mix once again!
It's best to cut the work connection during vacation to really recharge. Think about if it's possible next time. See you got emotionally affected while you should be recharging instead.

(2020-01-08, 01:09 PM)Carsten Wrote: It's best to cut the work connection during vacation to really recharge. Think about if it's possible next time. See you got emotionally affected while you should be recharging instead.

You are exactly correct.

The Year End Accounts can be done earlier in the year, that is just a case of being organised.  The VAT return could be done anytime in December but we are so busy I have no time to do it then and it must be submitted in the first week of January.

So if I were properly organised then I would still be in, but not for nearly as many days.
Sound chaotic like in many other places...

Yes it can be! Ideally we would have a person in for one or two days a month to help but finding someone who wants those hours and is reliable and will turn up everytime is a big ask. Training someone to come in and do this is very time consuming.
It has to be a student, but then you will need to train a new one each 2-3 years or something like that.