Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gobal meltdown looks like?
So the world economy is struggling with huge mountains of debt and the economies of the major countries start to collapse.

What does this look like to you and me?
Would this mean hyper-inflation?
Would we lose the rule of law, even temporarily?
What about services like rubbish removal, electricity?
Food scarcities?
Buy a gun or better buy more guns and prepare for anarchy! :-)

Even it's all rotten and dirty the men in power will keep the system alive. If it should collapse then it has to come from the people like we see in Hong Kong. It's demonstrations all over the world like that we need. That wouldn't even be enough and I'm not sure what would be, but something like a war or two and with the current situation of Turkey invading Syria we are on the road to more instability. Turkey even had made threats of letting millions of refugees enter Europe. That would cause massive problems in the southern part of Europe.

It's massive powers that control this so I don't think we come to hyperinflation and the other options in your post. Not yet at least.

What do you suggest we do?
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

(2019-10-11, 03:47 PM)Carsten Wrote: Buy a gun or better buy more guns and prepare for anarchy! :-)

Even it's all rotten and dirty the men in power will keep the system alive.  If it should collapse then it has to come from the people like we see in Hong Kong. It's demonstrations all over the world like that we need. That wouldn't even be enough and I'm not sure what would be, but something like a war or two and with the current situation of Turkey invading Syria we are on the road to more instability. Turkey even had made threats of letting millions of refugees enter Europe. That would cause massive problems in the southern part of Europe.

It's massive powers that control this so I don't think we come to hyperinflation and the other options in your post. Not yet at least.

What do you suggest we do?

Buy gold and silver, but don't keep it your house.
You will need more guns to guard your gold.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

So you are buying gold and silver using Kinesis?

(2019-10-13, 10:24 AM)Carsten Wrote: So you are buying gold and silver using Kinesis?
Yes. I start with small amounts until the debit card is issued and if that works....
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

(2019-10-13, 11:38 AM)Hugues Wrote:
(2019-10-13, 10:24 AM)Carsten Wrote: So you are buying gold and silver using Kinesis?
Yes. I start with small amounts until the debit card is issued and if that works....

okay. I signed up today using your referral. KYC is not done yet.

We were chatting about this recently and we reckoned that electricity would go off fairly quickly. I think that greener electricity such as personal wind powered generators would be fine but anything connected to the nationwide grid, such as windfarms would soon be shut down as would say nuclear power stations.

Fuel would be rationed and run out as well, and if that were the case then our whole economy would be changed, from the food that we eat etc.

Guns are not easily accessible in the UK either!

Would it be like The Walking Dead but with no zombies?
Well I don't think we should worry that much....at least not for the next 5-10 years.

There was a program on TV last night, basically a man built a brilliant log cabin in the woods, very much self sufficient, got married had kids too, but he reckoned on their being a huge change of lifestyle coming imminently and very few people would be able to cope with the basics of even food production once the tins run out. The program was about the build rather than his beliefs but he came across as very rational as well as a gifted joiner.
Some prepare for the worst. If it happens it's a good idea.

I would not worry too much for the next 5-10 years, but I do think a change will have to come.