Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who wins French open in tennis? Nadal or Thiem?
Question 
Great to see the young Thiem beat Djokovic in the semifinals. What a surprise. Is the new generation finally taking over the throne?

Well at 15.00 Central European time the final will be played and for sure it will be a great battle. Nadal is still the king and my guess is he wins in 3 sets, but I hope I'm wrong and that Thiem will be able to win at least one set.
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

(2019-06-09, 08:45 AM)Carsten Wrote: Great to see the young Thiem beat Djokovic in the semifinals. What a surprise. Is the new generation finally taking over the throne?

Well at 15.00 Central European time the final will be played and for sure it will be a great battle. Nadal is still the king and my guess is he wins in 3 sets, but I hope I'm wrong and that Thiem will be able to win at least one set.

Well, Nadal has beaten Federer but Federe is not in good shape anymore.
Therefor it is hard to predict. I think Nadal is just a bit stronger and I predict Nadal to be the winner.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

Federer is almost 38 years old so physically his best years are long gone. Still he is able to beat the best players in the world on a good day and he is still number 3 in the world.

On clay Nadal has always been the king so it's no surprise that Federer was not able to win that game. Let's see in Wimbledon where Nadal is not as strong.

Yes, I agree that Nadal will win the final over young Thiem (25 years old). If Thiem has one his best days and he can keep his powerful onehanded backhand under control and Nadal is not performing to his best only then Thiem can win the game. The odds are 5:1 for a Thiem win (saw that on a betting site)

I think Nadal will win Wink

Of course I know the result, but it is so hard to see past Nadal in a 5 setter on clay. Thiem's day will come and he could well be Nadal's successor on clay.
(2019-06-10, 03:07 PM)BobBobert Wrote: I think Nadal will win Wink

Of course I know the result, but it is so hard to see past Nadal in a 5 setter on clay.  Thiem's day will come and he could well be Nadal's successor on clay.

There are more young players to look for. One of the most talented is young Tsitsipas. I think he is more likely to win a grand slam within next year than Thiem, but I agree Thiem has the game to do it as well. He is 25 years old so it has to be withing the next 5 years I think. Tsitsipas is only 20 years old.

(2019-06-10, 05:20 PM)Carsten Wrote:
(2019-06-10, 03:07 PM)BobBobert Wrote: I think Nadal will win Wink

Of course I know the result, but it is so hard to see past Nadal in a 5 setter on clay.  Thiem's day will come and he could well be Nadal's successor on clay.

There are more young players to look for. One of the most talented is young Tsitsipas. I think he is more likely to win a grand slam within next year than Thiem, but I agree Thiem has the game to do it as well. He is 25 years old so it has to be withing the next 5 years I think. Tsitsipas is only 20 years old.

new name for me!  I only really follow the slams.
Tsitsipas is going to be number one within the next 3 years or before that if he can keep injuries away.

It is quite surprising that the big 3 plus Murray and Stan have won so many between them and keep on winning them. Would Federer have made the final if he had met one of the others in the semi instead of Nadal? I did not follow much the French Open this year.
Murray will not play until US open and I highly doubt that he can get past 3 round. Stan is having the best backhand in the world still, but I don't think he win another slam anymore.

It's impossible to guess about Federer of course.