Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
African Cardano
Cardano Founder to Develop New Cryptocurrency in Collaboration With Ethiopian Government

Charles Hoskinson, the founder of Cardano (ADA) and the CEO of IOHK, has recently announced the launch of an enterprise blockchain framework that aims to help millions of people in Africa, and will launch a cryptocurrency in collaboration with the Ethiopian government.

full article: https://daneel.io/news/cardano-founder-t...government

My opinion on this project:

The IOHK framework is intended as a pipeline for developers, companies and governments to implement solutions and new products.

Developing countries and crypto currency
Although Atala is comparable to the open-source blockchain framework Hyperledger Fabric, the approach to this project is different. The focus is less on Fortune 500 companies and more on governments in African developing countries. The framework is built from nothing and can be used for various applications such as property registration, digital elections and supply chain management. Moreover, Atala's focus is on the adoption of digital currencies. That is a special move, since most similar framework companies are neutral when it comes to cryptocurrencies.
According to Hoskinson, Atala will be used in cooperation with the Ethiopian government to develop a new cryptocurrency to provide a safe and reliable means of payment for the country's capital.

Pilot in Ethiopia
The project with the government of Ethiopia is a pilot. The framework is expected to be introduced in various other African countries in the coming period. In these countries there is a huge market (without the presence of Western developed infrastructures). This makes it easier to open new smart economies. Atala will also collaborate with other companies that want to initiate the adoption of blockchain in these countries.

Interoperability of different block chains
Another important goal of Atala is to be able to send data between different block chains. At present, (the lack of) interoperability is still an issue for many companies. However, this interoperability is essential to achieve global adoption. For example, IOHK is researching a new track-and-trace solution for the agricultural supply chain of Ethiopia. The interoperability of the blockchain is an important element in this.

I have strong believes this Atala coin (token) has a major potential.
The African market is huge and certainly is mature for this.

Let's follow this project.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

...thanks but why develop something new when Cardano is not even done yet? Why not go with Cardano?
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

(2019-05-05, 12:08 PM)Carsten Wrote: ...thanks but why develop something new when Cardano is not even done yet? Why not go with Cardano?

I had the same idea, but I suppose that people like C Hoskinson know what they do.
I guess they have good reasons.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

Maybe the reason is money and not changing the world
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.