Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia going offline
Russia Wants to Cut Itself Off From the Global Internet.

The plan is going to be tricky to pull off, both technically and politically, but the Kremlin has set its sights on self-sufficiency

https://medium.com/mit-technology-review...f8851987ca
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

This is scary and has to be stopped. It's about CONTROL of information. The official claims about being independent and protect against attacks is not true.
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

(2019-04-07, 10:44 AM)Carsten Wrote: This is scary and has to be stopped. It's about CONTROL of information. The official claims about being independent and protect against attacks is not true.

Correct.
I hope they will not do it.
It will be a hard nut to crack, very expensive and crazy.

(2019-04-07, 10:50 AM)Hugues Wrote:
(2019-04-07, 10:44 AM)Carsten Wrote: This is scary and has to be stopped. It's about CONTROL of information. The official claims about being independent and protect against attacks is not true.

Correct.
I hope they will not do it.
It will be a hard nut to crack, very expensive and crazy.

Totally stupid and one of the reason I don't trust Russian business. MinexCoin is only $0.19 and nothing is happening from the team. No news. Nothing.

It is an interesting experiment but I would assume there is not a good intention behind it. I would like to think that the internet is not dependant on any one or two countries so if Russia does this it should not affect us at all directly. However if the USA were to try a similar stunt then I guess it could affect us. Imagine the supply of internet being a tool like oil was in the 1970s.
(2019-04-08, 11:14 AM)BobBobert Wrote: It is an interesting experiment but I would assume there is not a good intention behind it.  I would like to think that the internet is not dependant on any one or two countries so if Russia does this it should not affect us at all directly.  However if the USA were to try a similar stunt then I guess it could affect us.  Imagine the supply of internet being a tool like oil was in the 1970s.

If the US does a similar experiment it would have a huge impact. Imagine the stock market....

I hate any development in the direction of regulation.