Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Easter
Hi all,

I hope you have a good Easter time.  I will be away from computers until Tuesday.  Just a short break but much needed after what has been a very stressful month!
Thanks Bob. Happy Easter to you too and happy Easter to the rest of the group!
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

(2018-03-30, 12:41 PM)BobBobert Wrote: Hi all,

I hope you have a good Easter time.  I will be away from computers until Tuesday.  Just a short break but much needed after what has been a very stressful month!

Happy Easter Bob. And happy Easter to all on Rimbit.dk
(2018-03-30, 02:34 PM)Jacob Wrote:
(2018-03-30, 12:41 PM)BobBobert Wrote: Hi all,

Happy Easter Bob. And happy Easter to all on Rimbit.dk
Happy Easter time. I am leaving the country for about a week.
A few days of to Austria, enjoying the snow in the mountains.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

No snow here in south Texas..temps in low 80s F

Happy Easter to all.

I will be planting in garden and pots around pool this weekend
That was far too short a break! Come back to a windows 10 issue - an upgrade or patch was running whilst we were away, but it has corrupted the boot sector of the hard drive - no machine Sad

However we had a great walk in the hills nearby and a relaxing time in general. I have watched more films on DVD over this break than in the whole of the last 2 years!
Sorry to hear about the computer. Sounds like it time to replace the harddrive or buy a new machine.

We also had a relaxing Easter with family.

DVD´s?? Who are using DVD´s these days? It's Bob!!! I mostly watch movies on Netflix or from the net. Minimum resolution is HD, but better is 4K on my 75 inch QLED 4K TV Big Grin

A fun idea is found in the movie "Downsizing" with Matt Damon in the leading role.

I have streamed once, it was a film about a person shipwrecked with a tiger I think. But it kept stopping and starting and was a pain. So yes, I am a dinosaur Smile I do still have a VHS video player too, but it is in the garage "just in case". I do not think I have any actual videos though Smile
Streaming of course depends on your connection. If it's good (like ours) I don't ever experince any problems. Netflix is the best player to handle all the technical stuff related to streaming. Their service works perfect all the time. It takes some seconds before the buffering for 4K is done and you can see the picture quality goes from low to razor sharp. You need to be able to have a speed of at least 15 Mb/s for 4K.

When watching TV we only have a 720 p resolution and when you first are used to HD and 4K it's annoying that the picture is a bit blurred....lol. Thinking back to he old days of analog TV and VHS tapes. We thought quality at the time was okay..

(2018-04-04, 10:27 AM)BobBobert Wrote: I have streamed once, it was a film about a person shipwrecked with a tiger I think.  But it kept stopping and starting and was a pain.  So yes, I am a dinosaur Smile  I do still have a VHS video player too, but it is in the garage "just in case".  I do not think I have any actual videos though Smile
Would the movie be "life of pi"?