Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IOLite ICO
The IOLite ICO is in Public Presale until 2PM GMT 27 March. (Sorry about the late notice, I only found out about it today and have been reading about it.)

It is "A universal translation platform between humans and machines"

It promises "Write smart contracts, BOTs, IoT, apps...No programming knowledge required."

What they are Solving:

"Blockchain and smart-contracts are powerful technologies which can drastically reduce business operational costs, increase efficiency, and expand operational capabilities. However, the process of writing smart contracts is lengthy, expensive, and risky since bugs in code can cause substantial financial damage. Additionally, only a handful of programmers have the niche of smart contract development. These factors combine into barriers to entry for businesses seeking to implement blockchain technology solutions."

IOLite Homepage Link
Whitepaper Link
Pitch Deck Link

If the project ends up working as advertised, anyone with a knowledge of a programming knowledge and equipped with an IDE, will be able to write a smart contract.

I see great potential in this project. It could do for Smart Contracts, what WordPress and later, Wix and other online Page Builders did for Web Development.

This can make Smart Contract Development a mainstream skill that any programmer can have in their toolbox.
Thanks for posting Jacob.

Yes, I also see the smartcontract development as a high risk task since no code is ever bug free. I will read during Easter when I have more time Big Grin
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

Thanks for the heads up Jacob! Sounds pretty interesting, even though smart contracts is still something that I have a hard time to really understand... But, if it can facilitate the programming process, I guess that it could help a lot of laymen to embrace the concept. Sounds like nice potential.
yes...jacob are you a programmer?

(2018-03-27, 05:23 PM)Carsten Wrote: yes...jacob are you a programmer?

I am capable of understanding an already written program, I can use an IDE, I have written some programs, I have a degree in software engineering from many years ago, but I am out of touch with programming concepts.

I am currently learning Go, as I see this as a language which is good for teams.

Am I programmer? If copy-paste-compile-run makes one a programmer, then I am, Yes. If a programmer is an independent problem solver who writes code from scratch, that is something I haven't done for a long time.

As far as IOLite goes, I believe I could write an efficient smart contract with this platform, but that is a reflection of how easy I think this platform is going to be, and not on my ability.
Okay Jacob. Thanks for explaining.

I noticed Go some years ago, but never took the time to study it further. It's created by Google and should be strong when writing backend software that need a high degree of concurrency.

(2018-03-28, 09:35 AM)Carsten Wrote: Okay Jacob. Thanks for explaining.

I noticed Go some years ago, but never took the time to study it further. It's created by Google and should be strong when writing backend software that need a high degree of concurrency.

Yes, and also for making sure everyone coming from different programming languages, actual languages, and varied experience can communicate without confusion.

As a software developer I'm sure you can appreciate what a boon it can be when 5 different people collaborate as 1 team and can understand each other's code.

Concurrency without confusion.
Yes I know. I'm part of a "huge" project involving all kind of people from hardware, to drivers, to multiple layers...