Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
German Researchers: Child Abuse Content Found On Bitcoin Blockchain, Users Must Be Pr
This could be a legal problem:

German Researchers: Child Abuse Content Found On Bitcoin Blockchain, Users Must Be Protected

https://cointelegraph.com/news/german-re...-protected
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

It is using the blockchain like this that will put a lot of "normal" people off. I would imagine that tracing the people concerned would be impossible. However, can these things be removed? Surely that goes against the grain, to alter the blockchain.

A worrying development.
Yes, it's of big concern. I think the people in question knows how to hide so finding the responsible persons is surely impossible.

Is it possible to remove the data?

"One of the core capabilities of the Bitcoin blockchain is to make transactions immutable. The ledger cannot be changed once a transaction has been verified by the network. This essentially means that the data in question cannot be removed from the Blockchain."

https://cointelegraph.com/news/child-abu...prosecuted

Well, it is really bad publicity... but Bitcoin was associated with organised crime and drug dealers for some time and it did not stop its evolution. I would pay a little visit to those sons of b!itch though... I may not be as strong as Carsten, but I can be brutal when I see things done to kids...
(2018-03-26, 03:37 PM)Cell Wrote: Well, it is really bad publicity... but Bitcoin was associated with organised crime and drug dealers for some time and it did not stop its evolution. I would pay a little visit to those sons of b!itch though... I may not be as strong as Carsten, but I can be brutal when I see things done to kids...

It's really bad publicity.

I think most "normal" people get superstrength when they see child abuse. I see it as one of the worst kind of crime. The kids are scared for life.

One of my friends was involved with an international charity that investigated child abuse and child trafficking. What he saw changed him. On his return to the UK he was unable to get rid of what he had seen first hand. It has affected his life totally, he changed jobs, had issues with his own family and just recently his marriage (of 25 years) came to an end. And he only saw and heard about things, the abuse did not happen to him. Very sad times.

I am reading a biography by Simon Warr, called Presumed Guilty. He was falsely accused, charged and eventually went to court nearly two years after being arrested and named in the UK as a pedophile. His trial lasted 40 minutes the evidence was that poor. He lost his job, his home, his reputation. Very sad. But people judged him and assumed his guilt. I think ot be accused of being an abuser falsely must be one of the worst things that can happen to a person.
Tragic story Bob. Yes, being involved in those kind of things will change a person. So does war, torture, rape and many other major life events.

Being accused for something as bad as child abuse while being innocent must be the worst nightmare ever. Agreed.

That's why I put a lot of ressources to help very poor kids and try to make them a better future... I saw first hand what poverty can cause... and it often leads to prostitution and illegal activities. At least, I know that I am saving some from that hell. I guess crypto is part of my journey in that direction. Better distribution of ressources all over the world could lead in a better one for many more humans, and crypto is probably a first step in the good direction... maybe.
(2018-03-27, 04:50 PM)Cell Wrote: That's why I put a lot of ressources to help very poor kids and try to make them a better future... I saw first hand what poverty can cause... and it often leads to prostitution and illegal activities. At least, I know that I am saving some from that hell. I guess crypto is part of my journey in that direction. Better distribution of ressources all over the world could lead in a better one for many more humans, and crypto is probably a first step in the good direction... maybe.

Yes we know what you do Cell. It's great. It comes from a big man with a lot of empathy for humans. (big not in the physical form Big Grin)

Crypto has a lot of focus. To stay under the radar you should skip Bitcoin since NSA is tracking transactions, MAC addresses, IP's and much more. It's harder if you use anonymous addresses like on Monero or ZCash where stealthaddresses can be used. They are NOT visible in the blockchain.

I like the idea of crypto playing a positive part in helping many people in the world. It is something that needs to be emphasised as the bad stuff about crypto gets a lot of publicity.