Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google will ban all cryptocurrency-related advertising
So it has come to this.  It's so sad. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/google-b...o-ads.html
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

(2018-03-14, 09:40 PM)Carsten Wrote: So it has come to this.  It's so sad. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/google-b...o-ads.html

Facebook did the same thing a while ago.
I believe it is a good thing for crypto. Most of advertising on crypto where misleading, scammy,...
This ban will cause a fall for lots of cryptos, but this will not take to long.
Correction will follow rapidly.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

Only problem is when Google start to ban search for crypto. If they do something like that like the ban on youtube for the Health Ranger guy https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-03-13-h...annel.html we have a serious democratic problem. This must open for serious alternatives to Google and Facebook. We still have Bing, Yahoo and DuckDuckGo as search engines.

DuckDuckGo? Lol - great name! I think Hugues is right - there is a lot of scam stuff around and we do not want it to get a worse reputation. The more people that havea good experience of crypto the better. However I am sure the scammers will find other avenues.
(2018-03-15, 11:25 AM)BobBobert Wrote: DuckDuckGo?  Lol - great name!  I think Hugues is right - there is a lot of scam stuff around and we do not want it to get a worse reputation.  The more people that havea good experience of crypto the better.  However I am sure the scammers will find other avenues.

Duck Bob GO!  Smile

I think it's a sad development for us all. I mean if they ban adds for crypto how about crowd founding projects on IGG? THere are also scam project in there.

True.

It is hard to ban the scammers without hurting genuine coins too. I am not sure what the answer is. I think many people see crypto as a sort of wild west cowboys and Indians type of place. It needs to be cleaned up but that takes regulations and some sort of effort from a central body, which goes against the grain of decentralisation. When there is a bubble a lot of people will invest without taking due consideration of the true potential and risks. I am not sure how these people can be protected (from themselves for sure!).
I use duckduckgo often... when I find nothing on Google per example. Google, Facebook and so on are becoming too powerful. As I understand it, it is only advertising... not search results that are banned? I hope it is so.
I agree that google is too powerful. We all should use alternative search engines. Google is already censoring and it only getting worse.

For instance the intellisense that pops up when you start typing has for a long time not contained the word "torrent".

I'm also sure that when you search something you will get the Google approved results on the first page. Many don't go to the next page and especially not page 4. When did some of you go to page 4 of a search result?

(2018-03-17, 05:50 PM)Carsten Wrote: I agree that google is too powerful. We all should use alternative search engines.  Google is already censoring and it only getting worse.

For instance the intellisense that pops up when you start typing has for a long time not contained the word "torrent".

I'm also sure that when you search something you will get the Google approved results on the first page. Many don't go to the next page and especially not page 4. When did some of you go to page 4 of a search result?

I always scroll a few pages.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

Not many do Hugues