Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decentralized Exchanges
My point was that P2P exchange is not new to me... in fact I see blockchain as a very secure P2P, so saying that they will develop a P2P exchange makes no sense in my brain. Nothing else. I compared to localbitcoin just for the purpose of my bad explanation (I am not a professor like you, lol).

I have to disagree about localbitcoin though, it is very popular among a lot of people... especially those who want to stay anonymous. Believe me. Wink

https://localbitcoins.com/statistics
I followed the discussion and will comment tomorrow. (This comment doesn't count)
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

(2018-03-20, 09:33 PM)Cell Wrote: My point was that P2P exchange is not new to me... in fact I see blockchain as a very secure P2P, so saying that they will develop a P2P exchange makes no sense in my brain. Nothing else. I compared to localbitcoin just for the purpose of my bad explanation (I am not a professor like you, lol).

I have to disagree about localbitcoin though, it is very popular among a lot of people... especially those who want to stay anonymous. Believe me. Wink

Trading volume on exchanges of BTC surpasses 30B/week. On localbitcoin it is about 70M/week.
I agree, it is a great alternative for anonymity, but a peer to peer decentralized exchange would be a great alternative. Esspecially when it would exchange more than only bitcoin.
And of course it is popular amongst some category of people. Even it was just you and me using it. We would be a minority but it would be popular between us.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

(2018-03-20, 11:21 PM)Hugues Wrote:
(2018-03-20, 09:33 PM)Cell Wrote: My point was that P2P exchange is not new to me... in fact I see blockchain as a very secure P2P, so saying that they will develop a P2P exchange makes no sense in my brain. Nothing else. I compared to localbitcoin just for the purpose of my bad explanation (I am not a professor like you, lol).

Trading volume on exchanges of BTC surpasses 30B/week. On localbitcoin it is about 70M/week.
I agree, it is a great alternative for anonymity, but a peer to peer decentralized exchange would be a great alternative. Esspecially when it would exchange more than only bitcoin.
And of course it is popular amongst some category of people. Even it was just you and me using it. We would be a minority but it would be popular between us.

And we know Cell stays under ANY radar!! :Big GrinD

I have not read it all but already the fee of up to 2% is way higher than on exchanges. Their service is comparable to Ebay. You put something for sale and hope someone buy. Is there a way to cancel? How about an overview of the "market" in their blockchain?
Do you have prices running with Candlesticks like on normal exchanges?

I don't see this as an interesting project. The team takes 25% to themself of the ICO. It could be ok or not. Just be aware of it.

I'm not putting money into this because I don't expect to use it ever.

(2018-03-21, 02:31 PM)Carsten Wrote: I have not read it all but already the fee of up to 2% is way higher than on exchanges. Their service is comparable to Ebay. You put something for sale and hope someone buy. Is there a way to cancel? How about an overview of the "market" in their blockchain?

I don't see this as an interesting project. The team takes 25% to themself of the ICO. It could be ok or not. Just be aware of it.

Almost forgot to reply on this.
Carsten, you are correct by saying 2% is a high fee. This is the maximum fee and it does not apply for Amon owners. If you own about 1200 tokens the fee is 0%.

I never suggested to invest in this token. I am not going to invest neither, because I don't see this as speculative one. The tokens have the only purpose to pay for services they offer.

And yes they will have all the features other exchanges have.

For me it is an interesting project because I believe exchanges should be decentralized. This is the point: DECENTRALISATION

Okay Hugues. Let's follow this project and see how it goes.

(2018-03-23, 08:02 AM)Hugues Wrote:
(2018-03-21, 02:31 PM)Carsten Wrote: I have not read it all but already the fee of up to 2% is way higher than on exchanges. Their service is comparable to Ebay. You put something for sale and hope someone buy. Is there a way to cancel? How about an overview of the "market" in their blockchain?

Carsten, you are correct by saying 2% is a high fee. This is the maximum fee and it does not apply for Amon owners. If you own about 1200 tokens the fee is 0%.

I never suggested to invest in this token. I am not going to invest neither, because I don't see this as speculative one. The tokens have the only purpose to pay for services they offer.

For me it is an interesting project because I believe exchanges should be decentralized. This is the point: DECENTRALISATION

What they are providing is an autonomous,  decentralised, cryptocurrency exchange with an escrow feature. Not only are they providing an alternative to unreliable exchanges and their problems, they do escrow from between free to 2%?

This could be a winner. The spread on something like localbitcoins is quite high, and escrow fees can go as high as 10-20% even 100% for very low amounts. This is something where they provide a much needed service and they could become a leader in their niche if they fulfil on their promise.
(2018-03-25, 03:31 PM)Jacob Wrote:
(2018-03-23, 08:02 AM)Hugues Wrote:

What they are providing is an autonomous,  decentralised, cryptocurrency exchange with an escrow feature. Not only are they providing an alternative to unreliable exchanges and their problems, they do escrow from between free to 2%?

This could be a winner. The spread on something like localbitcoins is quite high, and escrow fees can go as high as 10-20% even 100% for very low amounts. This is something where they provide a much needed service and they could become a leader in their niche if they fulfil on their promise.
This is exactly what I wanted to state.

Another one:
https://loopring.org/en/index.html
https://youtu.be/Wbvukangiyw