Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do we need crypto?
Question 
Why do we need crypto? In short it's to regain freedom from the banking system, the governments and tech companies.

Steve Bannon, former Chief Strategist to US President Donald Trump says:

“We take control of the central banks away. That will give us the power again.”

“Once you take control of your currency, once you take control of your data, once you take control of your citizenship, that’s when you’re going to have true freedom”

"Bannon accused governments, central banks, and tech companies of taking away the rights and identities of ordinary people and using them for their own purposes."

https://cointelegraph.com/news/steve-ban...ablishment
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

(2018-03-08, 08:46 AM)Carsten Wrote: Why do we need crypto? In short it's to regain freedom from the banking system, the governments and tech companies.

Steve Bannon, former Chief Strategist to US President Donald Trump says:

“We take control of the central banks away. That will give us the power again.”

“Once you take control of your currency, once you take control of your data, once you take control of your citizenship, that’s when you’re going to have true freedom”

"Bannon accused governments, central banks, and tech companies of taking away the rights and identities of ordinary people and using them for their own purposes."

https://cointelegraph.com/news/steve-ban...ablishment

Yes! This is it.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

The power that the data companies hold is probably hugely underestimated. I know that they already data mine but people are far to willing to hand over all sorts of data, quite often via silly games on facebook etc! Social media is not a good thing.
(2018-03-08, 04:16 PM)BobBobert Wrote: The power that the data companies hold is probably hugely underestimated.  I know that they already data mine but people are far to willing to hand over all sorts of data, quite often via silly games on facebook etc!  Social media is not a good thing.

You are right Bob. I wonder if it's possible to make an alternative to Facebook that respect the privacy of people.

Big Brother is everywhere... And more sometime! Big Grin
I don't think Big Brother is here or....??

But you are right. In Europe force are working on privacy since the internet is dominated by American big tech companies that holds our data and use them for purposes we don't know about. Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter and Amazon know about this and some have already been to court. We will see that more often in the following years.

If you need a free mail account this European service comes HIGHLY recommended https://protonmail.com/

Thanks! I will certainly take a look at this! Smile
(2018-03-11, 06:43 PM)Carsten Wrote: I don't think Big Brother is here or....??

But you are right. In Europe force are working on privacy since the internet is dominated by American big tech companies that holds our data and use them for purposes we don't know about. Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook, Twitter and Amazon know about this and some have already been to court. We will see that more often in the following years.

If you need a free mail account this European service comes HIGHLY recommended https://protonmail.com/

Better than gmail or whatever other mail I know. I subscribed about a year ago. Very secure.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

I like the gmail functionality and the google services, but I pay with my privacy.

Protonmail do not use your personal information. I can confirm what Hugues is saying. It's very secure.

Is protonmail available to USA residents?