Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How pump and dump is done. Don't trust social media!
https://cointelegraph.com/news/pump-and-...s-warnings

[Image: b95f77bf76dc545c0e52d4bab534b12c.png]
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

I would not have thought that pumps and dumps were so well organised. I assumed it would be like 2 or 3 people with others unwittingly jumping on board. They made some seriously good money there (or at least potentially some good money).
Yes it's clear that some coins have been through a pump and dump. Tron could be one of them. MSD could maybe also be one today. If you look at the biggest gainers today MSD is on top. I don't know the coin so maybe the rise in price is okay.

If the pump is announced, they will have already bought up the coins days in advance.

When they announce the pump, they are mostly the ones selling to the people looking to get in on the price rise.

Very shady and no doubt illegal in many countries.
(2018-02-26, 03:00 PM)Jacob Wrote: If the pump is announced, they will have already bought up the coins days in advance.

When they announce the pump, they are mostly the ones selling to the people looking to get in on the price rise.

Very shady and no doubt illegal in many countries.

Not illegal for crypto, but for all other kinds of regulated trading like the stock market it's illegal.

Only dumb people could fall for that... If someone announce that openly a pump, they will be the only ones making real money... But in the stock world we also see that frequently. The pump is just more subtil...
(2018-02-26, 05:48 PM)Cell Wrote: Only dumb people could fall for that... If someone announce that openly a pump, they will be the only ones making real money... But in the stock world we also see that frequently. The pump is just more subtil...

It's illegal on the stock market.....so yes it's just done behind the curtain.

It is a matte of nerve to know when to sell! Buy at $1 and sell when you make 20 times, or 40 times or be greedy and go for 60 and then be annoyed as it went over 100!
Yes, welcome to my life when I was 20-30... now, my strategy is to take a chunk of profit whenever a certain % of raise occured. I now have more stable returns. Of course... I made thousands before, when I had the guts to wait as much as possible... but this was too nerve racking for me. And, I am not good at technical reading, so... I've lost a lot too! I would not wait to sell when I do 3 or 5 times now...
I can't help getting the feeling that a lot of scammers from the stock world have migrated to the easy pickings of the cryptocurrency world.