Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wall Street should be terrified. Ethereum has made investment banks redundant!
Could be interesting if we could join someday and make our own project for the good of mankind.
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

You know, while I was driving home this night, I was thinking of a blockchain solution for aid agencies. Here's how I thought it would work.

So the charity blockchain is an underlying layer which allows a charity to easily create a smart contract based token which can be used to store basic information about who is giving the money, who is raising the money, and what each individual fraction of a token was used for.

There would be tax accounting built into the blockchain, so each token creator could specify simple rules that apply to their jurisdiction and organisation. There would be specially generated block Explorer reports which would give donors an easy link to their tax accounting.

Donors would be more motivated to donate to charities which have demonstrated on the blockchain that they are wise stewards of funds.
(2018-02-15, 04:19 PM)Jacob Wrote: You know, while I was driving home this night, I was thinking of a blockchain solution for aid agencies. Here's how I thought it would work.

So the charity blockchain is an underlying layer which allows a charity to easily create a smart contract based token which can be used to store basic information about who is giving the money, who is raising the money, and what each individual fraction of a token was used for.

There would be tax accounting built into the blockchain, so each token creator could specify simple rules that apply to their jurisdiction and organisation. There would be specially generated block Explorer reports which would give donors an easy link to their tax accounting.

Donors would be more motivated to donate to charities which have demonstrated on the blockchain that they are wise stewards of funds.

Great Idea. Since we are here to help eachother and scammed people, we could do some things to help otters as well.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

(2018-02-15, 04:19 PM)Jacob Wrote: You know, while I was driving home this night, I was thinking of a blockchain solution for aid agencies. Here's how I thought it would work.

It's a good idea yes. I agree with Hugues. I have heard/read about the idea before as an example for using smart contracts and get rid of corruption. You know your money goes to the right purpose and not to corrupt humans. If it's not made yet we should do it.
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

(2018-02-15, 04:33 PM)Hugues Wrote:

Great Idea. Since we are here to help eachother and scammed people, we could do some things to help otters as well.
(2018-02-15, 06:14 PM)Carsten Wrote: It's a good idea yes. I agree with Hugues. I have heard/read about the idea before as an example for using smart contracts and get rid of corruption. You know your money goes to the right purpose and not to corrupt humans. If it's not made yet we should do it.

An idea that I have been thinking about for a while is to have something similar to what Flashcoin is doing with a Litecoin fork.

Because this requires smart contracts, a fork of Ethereum that is pre-mined would be used.

The entire system would then be hosted on a pre-determined number of servers that is administered by the team.

There would be no mining, but there would be a public block explorer.

For profit ventures wishing to run a smart contract would be charged.

Non profits and charities would be provided support and smart contract hosting for free.

Essentially this could be a non profit which provides essential services to non profits. Think about how much resources non profits have. How much of those resources are resources are actually shared with other non-profits?

I can only think of one project which does this and does this well and it is "thankyou": https://thankyou.co/
Thankyou is a real business which sells over 55 consumer products for profit, pays its employees, and gives 100% of the profit to charities. If you have time, look through the ThankYou site.

The project could be funded by a real business giving a percentage of sales back to the customer as a cryptocurrency. Like a customer loyalty cashback paid in crypto.