Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crypto crash is pure fear. Stop selling. HODL.
i withdrawed all my coins from c-cex. i don't trust them anymore
(2018-02-05, 02:44 PM)BobBobert Wrote: I only have coins in C-Cex - is it safe?  The coins are ETH.  What is a simple and safe desktop wallet I can download for ETH?

There are few good wallets. I use Exodus.

(2018-02-05, 07:26 PM)chelios Wrote: i withdrawed all my coins from c-cex. i don't trust them anymore

Well done.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

I wonder if CyberHippie is the genius behind Tether? haha Another scam
In the old days, you could actually redeem gold-backed currencies for gold.

Tether is meant to be 1:1 backed by $USD dollars.

It is in their terms of use that they don't have to exchange a Tether for a US dollar if they don't wish to.

Welcome to the new world of finance.

A Tether token is just like an amusement park token, except you get taken for a virtual ride.
Bob...if you really want to be safe you should use Mist (https://medium.com/@attores/step-by-step...2a3cc99af4).

I don't trust Exodus like Hugues. It's not open source and it's run by two guys only. I give Hugues that they are trustworthy, but the wallet depends on their nodes. If they die who knows what happens?

For small amounts of Eth I use Metamask. It has the same problem as Exodus. You put your trust in a third party.

I also withdrew all my crypto from C-CEX months ago.

Regarding Tether I have written Poliniex to tell them about the potential scam. I asked them to switch back to USD.
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

(2018-02-06, 08:54 AM)Carsten Wrote: Regarding Tether I have written Poliniex to tell them about the potential scam. I asked them to switch back to USD.

I'm afraid Poloniex have been aware of the situation for lot longer than us. Whatever is going on, Poloniex very much have their hand in the cookie jar.
(2018-02-06, 04:58 PM)Jacob Wrote:
(2018-02-06, 08:54 AM)Carsten Wrote: Regarding Tether I have written Poliniex to tell them about the potential scam. I asked them to switch back to USD.

I'm afraid Poloniex have been aware of the situation for lot longer than us. Whatever is going on, Poloniex very much have their hand in the cookie jar.

Maybe you are right. I have received NO answer yet.

I have started to download Mist yesterday - it is slower than the RBT download! Currently at 4.5m blocks out of 5.1 Very slow and I started this on my work PC too Sad Luckily yesterday afternoon I did not need the PC too much.
(2018-02-08, 12:48 PM)BobBobert Wrote: I have started to download Mist yesterday - it is slower than the RBT download!  Currently at 4.5m blocks out of 5.1  Very slow and I started this on my work PC too Sad  Luckily yesterday afternoon I did not need the PC too much.

Yes, you need some gigabytes for the blockchain.  What happens is that Mist start what is called Geth. It create a Node that is communicating with the real blockchain. To get synced it can take many hours depending on your internet bandwidth. No matter the wallet you chose this will be the same unless you TRUST Metamask or Exodus....

That's one of the reason why Cardano is superior to other coins. The blockchain is distributed.

(2018-02-08, 01:47 PM)Carsten Wrote:
(2018-02-08, 12:48 PM)BobBobert Wrote: I have started to download Mist yesterday - it is slower than the RBT download!  Currently at 4.5m blocks out of 5.1  Very slow and I started this on my work PC too Sad  Luckily yesterday afternoon I did not need the PC too much.

Yes, you need some gigabytes for the blockchain.  What happens is that Mist start what is called Geth. It create a Node that is communicating with the real blockchain. To get synced it can take many hours depending on your internet bandwidth. No matter the wallet you chose this will be the same unless you TRUST Metamask or Exodus....

That's one of the reason why Cardano is superior to other coins. The blockchain is distributed.

This is why I realy like Cardano.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?