Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nordea Bank Forbids Workers From Owning Bitcoin: Denmark Unions Threaten Legal Action
When I saw the headline in Danish papers the other day I became a bit mad. How could a private firm forbid an employe to own something legal?? It's none of their business  like it's none of their business who an employe chose to marry. This has to be stopped.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/nordea-ba...gal-action
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

Strange thing to require, but only enforceable if people say "I own them". Since almost all people in the crypto world (apart from Carsten) use fake names then it would be impossible to say that you own any BTC.
Yes it's impossible to enforce. The real problem is that an employer should NOT decide what you own. Especially not if it's legal.

That is something... Well, how do the boss know about it? Is he spying on his employees?
(2018-01-29, 10:11 PM)Cell Wrote: That is something... Well, how do the boss know about it? Is he spying on his employees?

The bank of course does not know if any employees are owning Bitcoin. What matters is the statement from management. If you then as an employee decide you don't care and buy Bitcoin you are going against the ethical guidelines in the company. That is something most Danes won't do. As you know we have a very high social trust here in Denmark and Scandinavia in general. Also in case it's being discovered it's reason to "terminate" you.