Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#Komodo. The "new" kid in town. Invest now! ??
I liked the Ark article but this article is semi good - nothing too deep on the other coins that I have not heard of and nothing to make me think I need to look at them now. Good explanation of Monero though.
(2017-09-04, 01:31 PM)Carsten Wrote: Big Grin Crypto is really kind of gambling...

Did you know that in India some software developers are paid in Bitcoin?

Maybe Komodo, Monero or Ethereum will be the coin to replace Bitcoin. I still don't believe in a future with Bitcoin 5 years from now.

Believe or not but BTC will survive. It will not be the only one.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

That's true, but I can't see Bitcoin still around in 5 years. I could be wrong.
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

When does BTC become too big to fail? Is it there already? With so many people having invested early and being paper millionaires, they will not let it fail will they? Do they and the miners have the power to evolve BTC to survive?
Nobody knows. Even Goldman Sachs has started to look at Bitcoin. I don't think many will be millionaires because most went in too late. Regarding the stability of the blockchain it seems to be running well still. It's clear that to cover the cost for the miners the price has to rise since the reward has become fewer Bitcoins for solving the block. China has banned ICO's but not Bitcoin and other cryptos. Let's say China would ban Bitcoin mining then I actually think the price would rise to cover the cost of more expensive mining somewhere else in the world.

Some think the price will go much higher and some think it will crash to $5. This guy thinks the price is too high now: https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/13/mohamed-...alues.html

He is not arguing any better than I could. Basically it is a hunch that it is overvalued and he thinks the true price is 1/2 or 1/3. But he does not back it up with facts and so he is another voice with an opinion that is no more valid than yours. So when it was 1/2 earlier this year was he saying "this is the true price but it will go higher" or is he jumping on a bandwagon.

I am still very surprised BTC is as high as it is just now and I am thinking it will fall or even collapse soon. But I have been thinking that now as the value has shot up and up and up again!
So in conclusion we don't know. If we did it was a safe bet which does not exist in the crypto world or on the stock market.

I think you all think the wrong way. What is overvalued?
A small car from Tata motors costs $1500, a Tesla costs $90000.
No it is not overvalued. It is what it's worth. Period.
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

Crypto prices are much more volatile than prices of cars. You could argue correctly that the market always dictates the price. Question is if the price is too high? It's like the stock market. Sometimes a stock takes a huge dip because it couldn't deliver what was promised.

"It is what it's worth"

I sort of agree but also disagree.
If the market is willing to pay$90k for a Tesla, then a Tesla is worth that. And if I am willing to buy at $90k for a Tesla then it is worth that to me I guess.

But with cryptos, it is much harder to see because the market can be manipulated by a small amount of people. A few of us managed to get RBT to move from 1 cent to 8 cents (roughly). So for a short while the market was saying RBT was worth 8 times what is was worth. With BTC the market is much bigger but I think it is still fundamentally easy for a few to manipulate it if they get together and choose to do so. Can the miners do that for a long period of time, and if so, how long a period of time can they do it for?

I would have said that yes they can, and that it could be for a few months. But clearly if they are manipulating the market it has gone on for a lot longer than that. So is this a genuine price for BTC or the result of market manipulation (or indeed a bit of both if that is possible)?