Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's a good idea
Saw this in an email I was sent, it is on IGG unfortunately
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/crypt...-bitcoin#/

I like the idea but no one else does!  Zero backers just now.

"We are creating a system where all trading for goods and services can be done with crypto currency.

All trading within our system will be done with only crypto coins, no money will exchange hands only the value of your coins. We aim to create a system that will no longer focus on the corrupt Fiat system that is still linked to all crypto currency."
No backers yes. The majority of people are not ready for crypto to take over from the current system. Question is also how it can be introduced in a way to make it very easy for people to use and for the stores to use. It's not simple since you would also have to fight against governments that don't want to see crypto taking over.
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

Absolutely. This project is one of the places that Rimbit should have gone. I looked at using crypto where I work and it is not an easy thing to bring in. The fluctuations are crazy in BTC, though RBT was stable until it went into freefall. It was something that could cost a lot of money. And I was not sure anyone would take us up on it, though it would have been good for getting the name out to new people.
Yes you did a lot for Rimbit back then Bob. Flyers etc.

I'm sure crypto will be mainstream within the next 5 years. A lot of shops already accepts Bitcoin and more will join when people start asking for it.

I often ask if they take Bitcoin in a shop. Even when I bought my new car in April I asked! It's a mixture of being fun and serious. I know of course they don't accept BTC, but at the same time I send a signal that if they did I would like to pay with BTC.

Sometimes I use the word cryptocurrency instead.

That is actually a very good idea - to ask do you accept BTC. I had not considered it before but shopkeepers and companies selling stuff do listen and take in. If enough people ask "do you accept..." then they will look into it and perhaps see an angle their rival to not use. I shall try to remember to ask when making substantial purchases in the future.
Thanks Bob. .. The more asking to pay with crypto the better. One day it's a reality for more than 70% of the shops hopefully...

I will accept crypto for my new business!
What is this thing that builds our dreams, yet slips away from us?

Sounds great Hugues. Is the new business running okay?

Well done Hugues - I hope it is going well and that crypto takes off for you. It is a good angle, although risky too.
No, not very risky if you just exchange the crypto immediately to Euro or Dollars.