Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much money did Mark make
One of the areas I was most interested in towards the end was just how much money Mark Karlsson /  Marcelo Karlsson / CyberHippie made from Rimbit.

So I think a thread dedicated to this subject is a good idea.  Now I do not want CH to be living on bread and water and I think he is entitled to make money from his idea and his work too.  So the question is just how much did he make and where did he spend it?

We know that IGG sales are $173,000.
Patreon sales were small
Rimbit-UK sales are unknown
Private Sales - this is an interesting one.

We know that he has made a number of private sales - I have subtly brought this into the conversation a few times over the last year.  He has made some huge sales that have not gone through IGG.  He has also spoken of a group he chats with of major investors who do not frequent the boards.

I think for ease of figures we could suggest that Rimbit has raised for CH around the $250,000.  Of course if he was lying about how many major investors there are, then it could be closer to $200,000.  Would Mark lie about this - well yes he would, he is a compulsive liar and saying that there are lots of major investors bigs Rimbit and him up.

Mark has stated that the monthly running expenses are $2500.  This includes his salary of $500 a week.  IGG campaign finished May 2014, approximately 28 months ago.  28 months at 2500 is $70,000.

There are of course other expenses - Mark seems to have been in charge of a lot of failed projects as Rimbit chief - indeed I can only think of the Rimbit Pi as being successful. There have been exchanges, apps, and other stuff that has failed or allegedly failed because other than the exchange al we have is Mark's word, and we know that it is dodgy.  Certainly there has been little work on the wallet, it still falls over 3 or 4 times when first syncing - a major embarrassment to my mind.  Remember mark also guilted us in to contributing 3 BTC for Bittrex - he is good at the job of relieving us of our cash!

So total raised 200k to 250k
Running costs 70k

Unaccounted for 130k to 180k (from which we deduct failed projects, Rimbit Pi, etc)

That is a lot of money not properly accounted for.  I believe Mark Karlsson / Marcelo Karlsson is a thief who has misappropriated Rimbits cash for his own purposes.
Yeah that's also what i think.
And good to see you here Bob! Smile
If you wanna donate in any cryptocurrency just send me a message and i will set it up(If i haven't) Smile All donations is appreciated  
Thank you!

I am sure many of us would have been happy to see him take more than what he said he took - I see no reason for him to take "just enough" when could have taken say $40k a year, or $50k. It is the hiding of information that I do not like and the fact he refused to clearly answer questions on the matter. He would either ignore, deflect or use riddles! He could easily have cleared up any suspicion but he chose not to.
I don't believe a word of what he is saying about the cost of running the forum. I run this site for 1 Euro pr. month (not including initial start cost etc), but if it becomes popular I will need to update to a larger database and the cost will increase to maybe 2-3 Euro pr. month...that's far from $2000 Mark is talking about.

As usual he never answers the serious questions and that just proves we are right about him being a scammer.
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

(2016-09-19, 02:18 PM)Carsten Wrote: As usual he never answers the serious questions and that just proves we are right about him being a scammer.

100% agree on him not answering questions, but I think you should specify the scam claims a little more so that I and everyone else understand what you mean. I gave him $$$ and he gave me RBT. I have not been scammed by Mark Karlsson because of this. This was a voluntary trade. The problem is that he believes he is a god who everyone else should trust the 250 million RBT with, but when he told us that he was just the humble caretaker of the cold wallets and that he was eagerly waiting for the community to run everything, he was lying. With his latest moves, he proves this by totally excluding any community input and acting as he is that god. He's banning, IP blocking, discouraging login, deactivating new registration …

Mark Karlsson has chronic lying syndrom and he is out of touch with the reality that the rest of us see, but in which way is he a scammer?
We Want a Decentralized Rimbit. Help Us Fight the Dictator in Charge: http://rimbithub.com/marks-machinations/
"Scammer
One who does everything in his/her power to steal from another, usually by means of trickery, deceit, and force. With the accesibility and anonymousity that the internet provides, scammers have become increasingly prevalent in modern times. Usually driven by personal greed or even outright amusement, they are unhindered by sympathy or morals and are the very face of human corruption."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Scammer

You can argue it was volentary but we were promised something else at the end of the IGG campaign.

Carsten
Cardano is the most promising 3 gen. crypto right now.

(2016-09-19, 03:52 PM)ByreStraits Wrote:
(2016-09-19, 02:18 PM)Carsten Wrote: As usual he never answers the serious questions and that just proves we are right about him being a scammer.

Mark Karlsson has chronic lying syndrom and he is out of touch with the reality that the rest of us see, but in which way is he a scammer?
--

First, @BobBobert, your numbers are as good as mine. Stated that they are based on what he said to us. The only number that we can (I hope) be sure is the IGG sells.

I would also add to this all the rimbits he probably dumped, or say sold, on exchanges. So, saying $200K is probably fair.

@ByreStraits, you are right saying that he gave us rimbits when we gave us our money. In that sense, he can't be named a scammer. Where we were scammed is in the way he made us believe that the community would run the business one day or another. Which will never happen. So, if it was he intention when he started the project, then he is also a scammer selling air for money.

I remember that guy who was selling stars or  piece of the moon... You can tell you "received" your "part of the moon"... but what exactly did you receive? About nothing. If he keeps hundreds of millions of rimbit for himself... The rimbit he sold us worth about nothing. Selling about nothing at one cent a piece... well, it is a scam even if the poor scammed guy agree to be scammed, based on the evaluation done by the scammer. I'm not sure that I am making sense... it is clearer in my head than on the screen right now. Wink

Personnally, I saw the buying of rimbits as a way to get money for the project. It was my way of saying to the guy: "yeah, I trust you will make my rimbit worth AT LEAST what I paid for, even if I know that it worths nothing right now". So, perhaps that is what you mean when you say that we were not scammed... we knew it had no value at all. But, what I am saying is, he knew that he did not want the rimbit value to rise. He would be happy to see it happening (of course), but his first intention was just to get our real money.

Maybe I am going totally OT (sorry BobBobbert). We should have another thread to discuss the scam and keep this one about numbers. But, I guess the Bob's numbers are as good as it could be, and that there is not much to add about them. :/
I believe liar Mark Karlsson is also a scammer. He has deliberately withheld vital information from people on IGG in order to get their money for no return. Did he know that Rimbit would not go up in value every week by a cent when he started? I do not know. But that was his plan. Did he know he had made far too many Rimbit, not at the start, but I believe that at some point in the last year or so, liar Mark Karlsson knew that things were not going as initially he expected them to go. However, he continued to take our money via IGG and Patreon knowing that the value of Rimbit could not ever reach $3, let alone $10 because of the huge amounts on the cold wallets. He was still selling to our dreams, knowing that his plan was flawed.

I would imagine that he has not put any of his own money into Rimbit for a long time other than the mere basics needed to keep the IGG / Patreon money flowing into him. In so doing he has been scamming all those who have used Patreon and IGG.

My belief is that this affiliate and lamrich additions to the Rimbit ecosystem are purely just to get more free money for himself. He knows that $3, probably even 10c is but a pipedream but he continues to push Rimbit. The affiliate scheme, which is a good idea, but in the wrong hands it is nothing more than money laundering. He can offload Rimbit for other coins and sell those other coins for a fraction and get hard cash or BTC for his troubles. It is a clever scheme.

For all the above reasons, I think it is acceptable to call Mark Karlsson a scammer. If you prefer, every time I refer to liar Mark Karlsson, I can use the word liar instead Smile
I prefer the liar Marcelo Karlsson, for that he is without a doubt.
We Want a Decentralized Rimbit. Help Us Fight the Dictator in Charge: http://rimbithub.com/marks-machinations/
(2016-09-19, 04:27 PM)Carsten Wrote: "Scammer
One who does everything in his/her power to steal from another, usually by means of trickery, deceit, and force. With the accesibility and anonymousity that the internet provides, scammers have become increasingly prevalent in modern times. Usually driven by personal greed or even outright amusement, they are unhindered by sympathy or morals and are the very face of human corruption."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Scammer

You can argue it was volentary but we were promised something else at the end of the IGG campaign.

Carsten

here i'm on byrestraits "side". it was never a promise it was always a clear investion. that's what i tried to point out many times and got ignored.

"what will you do if rimbits hits 100$" and the whole getting rich talks has been without any proof or anything else.
even the FIRST "promise" about a price increase of 1cent for 300 days was just an investment strategy....

it was never about increasing the price, you can't do that without a natural demand and real business behind.
right now i don't see a lot on our side which is special. of course except this cool group which is left and their motivation. the rest is just standard code and an idea which had no good start.
sorry i got off topic, long day and frustrated. we have a lot on our minds these days he?

(2016-09-19, 06:25 PM)BobBobert Wrote: I believe liar Mark Karlsson is also a scammer.  He has deliberately withheld vital information from people on IGG in order to get their money for no return.  Did he know that Rimbit would not go up in value every week by a cent when he started?  I do not know. But that was his plan.  Did he know he had made far too many Rimbit, not at the start, but I believe that at some point in the last year or so, liar Mark Karlsson knew that things were not going as initially he expected them to go.  However, he continued to take our money via IGG and Patreon knowing that the value of Rimbit could not ever reach $3, let alone $10 because of the huge amounts on the cold wallets.  He was still selling to our dreams, knowing that his plan was flawed.

I would imagine that he has not put any of his own money into Rimbit for a long time other than the mere basics needed to keep the IGG / Patreon money flowing into him.  In so doing he has been scamming all those who have used Patreon and IGG.

My belief is that this affiliate and lamrich additions to the Rimbit ecosystem are purely just to get more free money for himself.  He knows that $3, probably even 10c is but a pipedream but he continues to push Rimbit.  The affiliate scheme, which is a good idea, but in the wrong hands it is nothing more than money laundering.  He can offload Rimbit for other coins and sell those other coins for a fraction and get hard cash or BTC for his troubles.  It is a clever scheme.

For all the above reasons, I think it is acceptable to call Mark Karlsson a scammer.  If you prefer, every time I refer to liar Mark Karlsson, I can use the word liar instead Smile

the affiliate scheme is the worst. it's a ponzi scheme.