Now, we know that Rimbit is #scam, let's talk about it and try to find a true alternative.
Virtual Visa Cards? - Printable Version

+- Now, we know that Rimbit is #scam, let's talk about it and try to find a true alternative. (http://rimbit.dk)
+-- Forum: Main (http://rimbit.dk/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Uncategorized (http://rimbit.dk/forum-4.html)
+--- Thread: Virtual Visa Cards? (/thread-930.html)

Pages: 1 2

Virtual Visa Cards? - Carsten - 2018-10-04

As you may know Turkey has quite some inflation. A tip in a Danish newspaper said that one could create a Turkish Netflix account by being on VPN so you had a Turkish IP Address. Then you sign up and pay whatever you subscription cost in Turkish Lire. It's about 1/3-1/2 of the Danish price. After that you "go to Denmark" and have access to all the content even with Danish subtitles.

On Udemy (a place with courses) you can buy a course and gift it to someone else. If you sign up on Udemy with a Turkish IP you will need a Turkish VISA to pay for a course. (That is not needed by Netflix). Typically a course is 200 Euro, but you can always get them at around 11-30 Euro. Imagine if you instead could pay with Turkish Lire. I can see the courses are then around 5 Euro instead. You could then "gift" the course to your main Udemy account.

The question is how to get a prepaid Turkish virtual Visa? Or a Visa from another country with low prices? 

Has anyone tried this little trick? I think it must be legal to do so. The Danish newspaper said it was absolutely fine to create a Netflix account like that.

RE: Virtual Visa Cards? - BobBobert - 2018-10-04

For getting a Turkish Visa, that must be fairly easy. We have a shop nearby that is owned and run by someone who is not born and bred Scot - he is Asian and offers various things from his home country. I have not ever looked to see if he has Visa type cards but if I had to guess I would say he does. So if there is a local Turkish shop (we have 2 Turkish barbers within 5 minutes of where I work) then I would ask them.

RE: Virtual Visa Cards? - Carsten - 2018-10-04

(2018-10-04, 03:41 PM)BobBobert Wrote: For getting a Turkish Visa, that must be fairly easy.  We have a shop nearby that is owned and run by someone who is not born and bred Scot - he is Asian and offers various things from his home country. I have not ever looked to see if he has Visa type cards but if I had to guess I would say he does.  So if there is a local Turkish shop (we have 2 Turkish barbers within 5 minutes of where I work) then I would ask them.

That would be one way to do it, but I would like the more formal way. A virtual card is as the name says a card that is not physical. You can use it for internet shopping only.

RE: Virtual Visa Cards? - Hugues - 2018-10-04

(2018-10-04, 03:12 PM)Carsten Wrote: As you may know Turkey has quite some inflation. A tip in a Danish newspaper said that one could create a Turkish Netflix account by being on VPN so you had a Turkish IP Address. Then you sign up and pay whatever you subscription cost in Turkish Lire. It's about 1/3-1/2 of the Danish price. After that you "go to Denmark" and have access to all the content even with Danish subtitles.

On Udemy (a place with courses) you can buy a course and gift it to someone else. If you sign up on Udemy with a Turkish IP you will need a Turkish VISA to pay for a course. (That is not needed by Netflix). Typically a course is 200 Euro, but you can always get them at around 11-30 Euro. Imagine if you instead could pay with Turkish Lire. I can see the courses are then around 5 Euro instead. You could then "gift" the course to your main Udemy account.

The question is how to get a prepaid Turkish virtual Visa? Or a Visa from another country with low prices? 

Has anyone tried this little trick? I think it must be legal to do so. The Danish newspaper said it was absolutely fine to create a Netflix account like that.

I believe it could be done and I also believe it is legal.
But if everyone does things like that the economy would suffer a lot.
Imagine all people buying that way...
Merchands from western countries would not sell anything anymore.

RE: Virtual Visa Cards? - Carsten - 2018-10-05

I know but that is the game for software developers on net sites competing with cheap Indians.

RE: Virtual Visa Cards? - BobBobert - 2018-10-05

I remember by sister in law going off to New York with next to no luggage as stuff there was so cheap in comparison to the UK - and she came back with tons of stuff, mostly clothing but also electronics. That was when her kids were young so maybe 20 years ago or more. So taking advantage of cheaper things abroad has been going on for a long time.

Some people can shop around, others can not. I guess it is up to the buyer to find the deal that suits them the most and for the seller to choose whether to sell or not. For a while it was cheaper to order a new car in France ( or was it Belgium?) than in the UK, even getting it abroad with the steering wheel on the right side was cheaper than the UK - bizarre.

RE: Virtual Visa Cards? - Hugues - 2018-10-05

It was in Belgium. I know a British guy who came to Belgium every 2 weeks to buy cars to sell in the UK. He even had a deal with several dealers to order cars with the steering wheel at the right side. He made tons of money.

RE: Virtual Visa Cards? - Carsten - 2018-10-06

I also shop in webshops in Germany and UK since it's more cheap there. What I don't understand is why Polish webshops are quite expensive when it comes to buying electronics.

If you buy a car in another country and bring it to Denmark then you need Danish plates on the car. We have 150% tax on cars so buying a car in another country makes no sense here. It's really crazy.

RE: Virtual Visa Cards? - Cell - 2018-10-08

Ok... so we found the way to make money: create a site where you can order credit cards from foreign countries. Big Grin

Well... I guess one can find that on the darknet... whatever it is...

RE: Virtual Visa Cards? - Carsten - 2018-10-08

(2018-10-08, 02:21 PM)Cell Wrote: Ok... so we found the way to make money: create a site where you can order credit cards from foreign countries. Big Grin

Well... I guess one can find that on the darknet... whatever it is...

It's already here.  I know this Danish one that I do not use:

https://www.bancore.com/ 

Still it could be interesting for some of you. It has headquaters on one of the most expensive spots in Denmark.