Now, we know that Rimbit is #scam, let's talk about it and try to find a true alternative.
Gamedex - Printable Version

+- Now, we know that Rimbit is #scam, let's talk about it and try to find a true alternative. (http://rimbit.dk)
+-- Forum: Main (http://rimbit.dk/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Bitcoin and Altcoin (http://rimbit.dk/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Gamedex (/thread-913.html)

Pages: 1 2

Gamedex - Hugues - 2018-09-08

This is one of the ICOs where Invictus invested in.

WHAT IS GAMEDEX?
Gamedex is a platform for digital collectible cards and the games they can be used in. Unlike traditional collectibles (for
example, baseball or Pokemon cards), these digital assets can be transferred to anyone on the planet instantly with their
authenticity proven. They cannot be counterfeited or reprinted, and they can be used in online games. The platform is
similar to Steam but for digital collectible card games whereby individuals are able to create, play and engage in a like-
minded community environment.
According to Gamedex, they are “starting with the digital collectible cards market for the same reason Amazon started
as a bookstore and Wordpress started as a blogging platform. Just as Amazon is now ‘The Everything Store’ and
Wordpress now powers 30% of all websites, Gamedex will soon be the dominant platform for all non-cryptocurrency
digital assets.”
Gamedex will be your digital wallet, exchange, and game store all in one, and will run on both desktops and
smartphones. Their in-house digital collectible exchange, pairs all issued assets against GDX tokens or Eth. Collectors
can buy any asset they wish, provided someone is willing to sell it.
By conducting market research, Gamedex found brick-and-mortars still host a strong market amongst the gaming
community, and therefore allow digital cards to be sold in physical stores using QR codes. While Gamedex’s provisionally
confirmed partner stores will allow for credit-card payments, in-store cash packs will allow for adoption throughout the
developing world and among teens and others who may not have access to credit cards.
“One of the biggest, longest-standing critiques of digital assets and collectibles is that the
y simply don’t have any “real
world” value. That’s all changing with the emergence of crypto collectibles on the blockchain. Since items can now be
traced, authenticated, and verified as truly unique, real-world value is now becoming imbued into many digital collectibles
and assets.”
With the gaming and esports industry expanding rapidly, digital collectibles are unlikely to fade in popularity. Gamedex is
the next logical step in the evolution of the collectibles market from physical trading to collectibles 2.0.

THE PROBLEM GAMEDEX AIMS TO SOLVE
For thousands of years, an innate drive has caused people to collect items. Whether it be as a hobby, for trading
or personal use, items with inherent rarity have caught our attention. With the advent of the digital age, previously
inconceivable ways of collecting items from virtual pets to baseball cards, are becoming a reality.
Crypto-collectibles are just one part of a broader trend which is seeing physical assets moving to a digital
representation. Blockchain offers us the best solution to ensure the authenticity and provenance of these assets, only
made possible by its underlying technology.
In a market that is currently north of USD 50 billion, collectibles in the gaming industry are predominantly still physical
assets which can be easily lost, stolen or damaged. Regarding trust and ownership, these collectibles can easily
be counterfeited and owners cannot simply verify their authenticity. In the digital collectible sector, the markets are
controlled by centralized entities who often exercise control to the detriment of participants (e.g.: Second Life, WoW).
Without a system to check for total item quantity, issuers can generate an increasing supply of the same item freely,
adversely affecting the owner’s value.
Given the inherent problems faced in the physical and centralized digital collectible space, Gamedex aims to provide
a solution by allowing full transparency and security to collectible card enthusiasts in the digital space. Blockchain
revolutionizes collectibles by making counterfeits impossible, transfers instant and limited edition cards provably rare.

RE: Gamedex - Carsten - 2018-09-08

I can't follow it all anymore. Simply too many ICO's out there. I have to trust Invictus.

Are you able to follow it all yourself?

RE: Gamedex - Hugues - 2018-09-08

(2018-09-08, 11:25 AM)Carsten Wrote: I can't follow it all anymore. Simply too many ICO's out there. I have to trust Invictus.

Are you able to follow it all yourself?
I trust Invictus in this. It was just informative.
Don't worry.
Do not join to many ICOs. You are correct. To many to follow and probably lots of scams or lots that will never get anay adoption.

RE: Gamedex - Carsten - 2018-09-08

There is way too many scam ICO's!

"New Study Says 80 Percent of ICOs Conducted in 2017 Were Scams"

https://cointelegraph.com/news/new-study-says-80-percent-of-icos-conducted-in-2017-were-scams

(2018-09-08, 11:47 AM)Carsten Wrote: There is way too many scam ICO's!

"New Study Says 80 Percent of ICOs Conducted in 2017 Were Scams"

https://cointelegraph.com/news/new-study-says-80-percent-of-icos-conducted-in-2017-were-scams

Impressive list.

RE: Gamedex - Junior - 2018-09-08

I would say there's a 50-50% chance for it to become successfull. GAMEDEX is making a lot of good, but there's already many coins trying to do the same. But none of them have really gone mainstream so maybe this will.

(2018-09-08, 02:44 PM)TheCryptoJunior Wrote: I would say there's a 50-50% chance for it to become successfull. GAMEDEX is making a lot of good, but there's already many coins trying to do the same. But none of them have really gone mainstream so maybe this will.

Since Hyperion invested in it and I invested in Hyperion, I hope gamedex will survive.

RE: Gamedex - Cell - 2018-09-11

Yeah, too many ICOs to follow... and for now, my personnal stats on gain/lose makes me wonder how bad of an investor I am in ICOs. I should have sell all my C20 at 4$ for a first. Damned... it is now under 70 cents. Sad

RE: Gamedex - Carsten - 2018-09-11

(2018-09-11, 11:48 AM)Cell Wrote: Yeah, too many ICOs to follow... and for now, my personnal stats on gain/lose makes me wonder how bad of an investor I am in ICOs. I should have sell all my C20 at 4$ for a first. Damned... it is now under 70 cents. Sad

Prepare for the bull race and then sell at $4. I will wait til at $1000 Big Grin

RE: Gamedex - Hugues - 2018-09-11

(2018-09-11, 12:08 PM)Carsten Wrote:
(2018-09-11, 11:48 AM)Cell Wrote: Yeah, too many ICOs to follow... and for now, my personnal stats on gain/lose makes me wonder how bad of an investor I am in ICOs. I should have sell all my C20 at 4$ for a first. Damned... it is now under 70 cents. Sad

Prepare for the bull race and then sell at $4. I will wait til at $1000 Big Grin

Good you kept your c20. They have a good future. Just wait. The market is not going to stay like this.