Now, we know that Rimbit is #scam, let's talk about it and try to find a true alternative.
Should we meet? - Printable Version

+- Now, we know that Rimbit is #scam, let's talk about it and try to find a true alternative. (http://rimbit.dk)
+-- Forum: Main (http://rimbit.dk/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: General discussion (http://rimbit.dk/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Should we meet? (/thread-811.html)

Pages: 1 2

Should we meet? - Carsten - 2018-05-11

I have been thinking for a while that it could be fun to meet. 

If there is any interest we should figure out where and when to meet.  Hugues and I is probably going to meet anyway.

It could be in Denmark, Germany, Belgium, UK, Spain or ?

Time for meeting could be September or October when people are back from summer vacation.

Let me know what you are thinking.

RE: Should we meet? - Hugues - 2018-05-11

(2018-05-11, 03:52 PM)Carsten Wrote: I have been thinking for a while that it could be fun to meet. 

If there is any interest we should figure out where and when to meet.  Hugues and I is probably going to meet anyway.

It could be in Denmark, Germany, Belgium, UK, Spain or ?

Time for meeting could be September or October when people are back from summer vacation.

Let me know what you are thinking.

I am in for a meeting.

RE: Should we meet? - Carsten - 2018-05-11

I think that too.

RE: Should we meet? - BobBobert - 2018-05-14

I would love to meet you guys! I do have a young family with 4 kids all 16 or under so travelling can be quite expensive! Unless I dump them and leave my wife to look after them Smile

So purely from a selfish, financial motive I would say Scotland!

RE: Should we meet? - Carsten - 2018-05-14

(2018-05-14, 10:42 AM)BobBobert Wrote: I would love to meet you guys!  I do have a young family with 4 kids all 16 or under so travelling can be quite expensive!  Unless I dump them and leave my wife to look after them Smile

Haha Bob. I think your wife would be happy to look after the kids and have the house for herself a few days!

Yes financially it could be a problem. Scotland is a possibility to meet for sure.

I just want to know if there was an interest to meet or not. 
We have been writing for a long time now so to see each other in real life could be fun.

RE: Should we meet? - Hugues - 2018-05-14

(2018-05-14, 11:19 AM)Carsten Wrote:
(2018-05-14, 10:42 AM)BobBobert Wrote: I would love to meet you guys!  I do have a young family with 4 kids all 16 or under so travelling can be quite expensive!  Unless I dump them and leave my wife to look after them Smile

Haha Bob. I think your wife would be happy to look after the kids and have the house for herself a few days!

Yes financially it could be a problem. Scotland is a possibility to meet for sure.

I just want to know if there was an interest to meet or not. 
We have been writing for a long time now so to see each other in real life could be fun.
Scotland could be great. I am planning to go in september or october to get my barrel from Islay.

RE: Should we meet? - BobBobert - 2018-05-15

I love Islay, since long before I knew about whisky! I had relatives there and many happy childhood holidays. Took my family there 2 years ago now and it was excellent fun still, though by the 5th distillery they were getting a bit annoyed with me Smile

I am a 2.5 hour drive from the ferry terminal at Kennacraig, though if you are going from Glasgow to Kennacraig then you would be 20 minutes from my house at one point.

RE: Should we meet? - Hugues - 2018-05-15

(2018-05-15, 10:32 AM)BobBobert Wrote: I love Islay, since long before I knew about whisky!  I had relatives there and many happy childhood holidays.  Took my family there 2 years ago now and it was excellent fun still, though by the 5th distillery they were getting a bit annoyed with me Smile

I am a 2.5 hour drive from the ferry terminal at Kennacraig, though if you are going from Glasgow to Kennacraig then you would be 20 minutes from my house at one point.

The first time I went to Islay I took a ferry, but is is a very long ride by car to get there. Since I go to Glasgow by plane from Brussels and in Glasgow I take a plane (LoganAir) to get to Islay. So I always go via Glasgow.

RE: Should we meet? - Cell - 2018-05-15

Well... for now, I don't control the travel schedule... But, I will be in China (Guangzhou) for sometime soon... Wink

RE: Should we meet? - BobBobert - 2018-05-16

I always remember being on Islay when the plane was due in - the airport is also where the sheep munch on the grass and have to be cleared from the runway! I think it was one flight a day. Glasgow airport is about 45 mins to an hour from me.

I can't imagine that Islay and Guangzhou have much in common at all!